CHAPTER 5

Jade's POV

It's been a week since Alex was texting me.

Flirting, I might add.

He occasionally kept telling me that he just can't stop thinking about me.

But the things is that, I just couldn't stop thinking about Daxton, who hadn't even attempted to get to me.

I mean, if he was interested then maybe he could find his ways to contact me, but he didn't.

Maybe he wasn't interested.

Alex on the other hand wouldn't reveal to me how he got my number.

He told me he had his 'sources' who managed to get him my number.

I looked at my phone as the screen lit up, again.

Alex: Are you tired? 'Cause you're running on my mind.

I chuckled at his one liners.

"OMG! Marry him already!", Fizzy screamed and I rolled my eyes at her.

"Can you not yell?", Jamie said as he took another bite of his burger.

We were in a cafeteria which was just across our university where we often hung out.

"Oh shut up, the guy is so much in love with her. Can't you see it?", she said harshly to Jamie.

I rolled my eyes at her, again.

"It's not love. It's called flirting", I said and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Fizzy, you are so naive. Can't you see that she's into the older brother and not Alex?", Jamie smirked at me and I felt heat rush to my cheeks.

"She's blushing. Oh God, she's into the older one!", Fizzy exclaimed and a few people around us turned to look at us.

"Shut up", I whisper yelled as I lightly slammed my hand on the table in front of me.

"Whatever", she said as he rolled her eyes and sipped on her latte while Jamie just looked at the two of us with a grin spread over his face.

My phone buzzed and I saw a picture of my mom on the screen indicating a call from her.

I answered the call and placed my phone to my right ear, "Hi mom".

"Hey little one, are you alright?", she asked on the other end and I smiled.

"I'm fine, mom. Jamie, Fizzy and I were just chilling by the cafeteria across our uni", I said and heard her sigh in relief.

"Good, I was starting to get worried why my baby wasn't home as yet", she laughed and I smiled.

"Oh the reason why I called you was to ask you if you could pick up my gown from Mariella?", she asked.

Mariella Sanchez was our family friend who was also a well known fashion designer.

"Yeah sure, I'll do that on my way home", I said to her and she thanked me.

"And please look thoroughly if it isn't clean, I would want you to drop it to the laundry and have it ready by tomorrow", she said on the other end and I heard some shuffling.

"By tomorrow?", I asked.

"Haven't I told you? We're meeting with the Langfords for dinner", she said and my eyes widened.

"What? Tomorrow?", I yelled which made Jamie and Fizzy stare at me with worried eyes.

"Yeah, make sure you do what I told you", she said before we said our 'byes' and hung up.