Losing a Pet

It was a normal day at the stables, you saddled up your mare, Fog...

She was a beautiful Black and White Paint Arabian...

You lead her out to the arena to practice for a competition coming up in about a week, and it was important for you to train Fog...

You put on your helmet, and got into the saddle and started warming her up for the higher jumps...

She did pretty well the first time on the higher jumps, she only knocked over one pole but she did pretty well otherwise...

You got out of the saddle and led her inside the stables, where your best friend Jimin was grooming his Arabian stallion, Storm...

"Hey Y/n, how did practice go?" Jimin asked with a smile...

"It went good, she only knocked over 1 pole, which is good for her first time jumping over a higher jump..." You explained as you put her halter back on...

"That's good, she'll do good in the competition next week..." Jimin smiled...

"Yeah, hopefully..." You replied and grabbed the hose to give Fog a quick bath...

Once you got done washing and drying off Fog, and lead her to her stall...

You let her halter go and closed her stall door, you went to the storage room to grab Fog some feed, you filled the scoop with her favorite feed and poured it into her feeder...

"You did so well today Fog..." You rubbed her muzzle, and kissed it...

~So for the rest of the week...

You and Fog practiced all the higher jumps, but the thing was...

She kept on knocking over more poles each day, but on the last day of practicing, she got over the last jump but she whinnied loudly...

You knew it wasn't good at all, you got off and looked at the foot that she held up, you lead her out of the arena and took off her tack...

You called the vet and told her what happened, she came over with an x-ray machine and took radiographs of her leg...

She saw that there was a hair line fracture on her left front leg, she said it'll be okay for the competition but she should rest until the competition arrives...

You nodded your head and waved goodbye, you put her in her stall and let her rest up until the competition...~

~The Day of The Competition...~

You and Jimin drove to where the competition is taking place, and once you arrived, you unloaded Fog and tied her to one of the rings on the outside of the trailer, then changed into your riding outfit...

You walked out and quickly ran some cold water through the nearby hose onto Fog's legs to get her prepared...

You then put her hair up into button braids, you then put on a ear bonnet and then put on her bridle, then got her saddle pad and saddle on last...

You untied her and walked around for a bit, feeling a little nervous, especially about Fog's leg...

You then heard the announcement that the Jumping competition will start in about 3 minutes, you walked towards the left side of Fog and was about to mount her, when Jimin stopped you for a few seconds...

"You'll do great, I promise..." Jimin smiled...

"Thanks Chim..." You smiled and he hugged you...