fiftieth

Danielle baffled from his reaction took her hands back, silently questioning herself. Neither Milla nor Alfred has come back yet, or perhaps she was losing track of time again. "We don't have to go shopping first thing in the morning. It's too early to buy clothes." She states, changing the subject once more. She didn't know what it was about it, but the way he always avoids talking about his girlfriend was driving her to insanity.

"Why? Louis said it's on May." He bickers.

"It's only the end of March, Harry."

"I don't fucking care, I'm going to take you out either way."

Danielle averts her eyes away from him, taking her lip between her teeth in the attempt to hide the heat rising to her cheeks. She had no idea why it mattered so much to him; attending some stupid high school dance with his sixteen year old neighbor while his girlfriend is miles away. Although there was one thing she adored about this situation, the fact that she'd be away from her parents once again, not to mention with Harry. It was almost a dream. She didn't deserve this. What has she done really to experience such a privilege? Kristen should ve been the one going out with him. That's how things are supposed to be anyway, yet he couldn't care less. Didn't it matter to him? Didn't she matter to him? Was it Dani's fault? She needed an explanation. Nevertheless, not there and not right now. The least she could do to reduce the guilt is rejecting his niceness. Even that she couldn't do.

"If you really want me to go, I'd just tag along with Louis, you don't have to come." she looks over at him, part of her wishing he would just say no.

"Well I do want to come." He claims, "I didn't really have the chance to go to prom when I was in high school, maybe it'll be good if I try this one out, don't you think? And besides, it's a win win situation. We both get something out of it. Kind of like sex." His mouth curls into a lopsided grin, his hand crawling up to her knee, giving it a light squeeze.

"Sorry about that, the restrooms are full." Milla interjects, sitting back down the seat on the other side of the table, Danielle choking on air as Harry yanked his hand off her leg. "What were you guys talking about?"

"Nothing." Harry retorts, wiping his palms against the fabric of his jeans. "J-Just some things."

"Some things, huh?" Alfred also chimes in, taking the spot next to his wife, adding to the inconvenience in the air.

Danielle's heart pounded in her chest the longer she sat there, horrified by the idea of having her parents hearing any of the filth coming out of Harry's mouth. She needed a break, an absurd amount of things already happened today, she didn't need even more things to whelve in. She puts a hand up against her chest, embracing the chaos inside as she grabs herself a glass of water, chugging away her agitation. "Yeah some things. Has Dani told you guys yet about the victory ball coming up?" Harry adds, water going up her nose without her knowledge. She drops the glass back next to her plate, using the table napkin to cover up the coughs breaking out of her throat.

"Jesus are you alright, dear?" Milla rolls her eyes, "I've always told you to chew carefully, you never listen."

Harry attends to her by rubbing soft circles down her back, holding the napkin close to her mouth. "It's fine, Dani, let it all out." He cooed, pretending like he didn't just do something absolutely absurd. Milla already knew. Everybody already knew, but she didn't need them to remember. It was enough Harry and Louis are bugging her about it, she didn't need her mother to constantly pressure her into it as well.

"She has mentioned something before, but I didn't allow her to go because she said she didn't have a partner." Milla continues, handing over another pack of tissue paper from her bag. "Why do you ask?"