twenty ninth

WOOT FUCKING WOOT DOUBLE UPDATE. YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING DID YOU?

"Ms. Danielle Matthews, please report to the office as soon as possible. Your attendance would be deeply appreciated. Thank You." He announced and immediately after it was over, she could feel everyone's eyes suddenly dart onto her, including her teacher's and it was the most humiliating thing she had ever experienced. Maybe even more humiliating than to have Harry watch her squirm under his touch.

Her classmates have never given her that amount of attention before. Maybe sometimes without her knowledge but not like the way they're looking at her at the moment. Dani sat there dazed and confused of whatever just happened, wondering how important it could be that their principal needed her in the office. She didn't want to look around and meet eyes, she felt like she'd explode if she did so she kept her head down like always. Only this time her long pause was seen by everyone and they were just waiting for her to do something. They were probably already laughing at her and it didn't help her situation.

She could hear giggles and buzzing at the back of the room. Her teacher just stood there with both of her arms crossed, eyes fixated onto Dani's seat. She could feel her nails digging into the paper of her notebook, sweat dripping down her forehead. She didn't want to go anywhere else. In fact she promised herself that she'd never do anything out of her comfort zone again because of what happened yesterday. It lead to a catastrophic series of events that until now she still couldn't process. Perhaps if Louis would be there as well she'd just casually walk out of the room and meet him there. But unfortunately she didn't hear his name come out of Mr. Dweller's mouth.

"Well, Ms. Matthews?" Her teacher called out, both of her eyebrows arched.

Heart raced Dani stood up knowing she wasn't going to get out of it. As she gathered her things, shoving her notebooks back into her bag, she accidentally overheard a conversation from her classmates. They were saying something about how lucky Dani was and how Mr. Dweller has probably been in to quiet girls now, which was rather confusing so she ignored it instead. She clung her backpack onto her shoulder and walked over to the classroom exit, not looking back as she begins strutting across the emptied hallways. She could hear their discussions resume right after she left and a part of her felt utterly left out. She would rather die of boredom in English Literature than go over to the principal's office and find out the reason why she was being called.

There was nothing but lockers for the next six rooms and Dani enjoyed the comfort of silence. Nobody was forcing her to speak, neither were there students looking at her like she's done the biggest crime in history.

She gripped onto the strap of her backpack, listening to her own footsteps as she went across the stairs, heading to the fourth floor where, as far as she could remember, the principal's office was located. For a moment she's forgotten how hot it was and how much perspiration there was currently on her neck, her eyes distracted by the occupied classrooms she would pass through, hoping she'd get a glimpse of Louis from his current period.

Once she's reached the top of the fourth floor stairs, Dani could almost see the door to the office from where she stood and she could feel her palms begin to sweat. She just hoped whatever it was, it doesn't have to do anything with her. All the rooms in the Fourth floor were unoccupied, Dani's eyes peeking through the glass doors only to see darkness and empty arm chairs. It sent chills down her spine whenever she'd think about the fact that something demonic was lurking in it, but her mother never really believed in such things so her ghostly fears remained hidden.

Dani pushed open the heavy door of the office with all her strength, successfully moving it out of the way for her to get through. She peeked her head through first, getting a glimpse of whoever and whatever were the contents of the room some of her classmates designated, mystical for the weird things happening inside it. She remembers the time when even Louis has talked about it once and the possibility that students were sleeping with the principal but Dani never really paid much attention to that stuff.