thirty third

Y'all im back (again)

Classes had just ended, and the school hallways are occupied by multiple numbers of students, chattering and shouting. Dani walked across the corridors, clumsily bumping into a few bodies as she tries on standing on her tip toes, looking for Louis' familiar face in the crowd, or any of Niall and Blinché's for that matter. She didn't find them, and frustration grew inside her head.

It was three p.m. on already and as far as she could remember, Louis' classes ended the same time. Either way he was no where in sight. Danielle walked over to the exit of the school, holding on to her bag while her mary janes squeaked against the floors. She began to worry that Louis probably still feels horrible and failed to attend his classes after their conversation in the cafeteria. He did get drunk last night after all, and when she saw him this morning he wasn't looking good; even if he still had the nerve to be sarcastic.

Dani finally exited the school, the sky a light shade of blue and the wind gently blowing on the hem of her skirt. Right after that encounter with Harry, it was surprising she even managed to focus on whatever the hell her professors were saying. which she was thankful for, otherwise she would've gotten sent into the guidance office and her mother would have to be called in to check on her, and it wasn't like she'd be prepared to say the reason why. The thought of Harry nowadays just automatically gives her a headache.

But at least the kind of headache she loves to endure, like some kind of complacent self-torture.

What even is she thinking about? She doesn't even have anyone to go home with. Louis' sick, Niall's probably with him at the moment, and her brother. Well it's been a while since she last spent time with Carter. Maybe last night counts, but it wasn't like she wanted to even talk to him in the first place. These days she feels like she doesn't even know him anymore and it saddened her. She's been focusing too much on Harry, she's beginning to forget about the shoulder she cried on during the days when she couldn't handle the pain of trying to confess.

Carter's probably wondering what had happened to her as well, especially after the fact that she literally just told him to not tell Milla whatever genuinely happened. She knew she could trust him, but she couldn't help but feel guilty that she just practically made a shield out of him. It was immensely unfair.

Heading for the gates, she begins to contemplate whether she goes home alone or wait until five o'clock, the time when Carter's football practice would end and she could just go home with him instead. However, she didn't want to stay. Danielle couldn't bare the idea to go home by herself after the mess that she made last night when she got lost. It was a complete hot mess. Starting from the way she immaturely ran away from the house, and  the bus ride where she publicly mortified herself. If it wasn't for that generous woman by the cafe, she would've still been walking the streets.

Noticing that her backpack was opened, she hastily stops to fix it. Suddenly, she yelped, finding herself colliding with a wall, her feet losing balance simultaneously. Before she could even completely hit the school grounds, she quickly  got a hold of herself and stumbled backwards, eventually realizing who she had just crashed into. A man, wearing a pair of impeccability white trousers and a plain white shirt. An unusually familiar cap attached to his head which hid his eyes, his nose and lips the only things visible from his face as she assumes he was one of the people from the maintenance department.

The people which she just stole the keys from to get into the janitorial storage. She remembered she hasn't even returned the keys to where they correctly belonged and she just hoped they wouldn't mind. It wasn't her fault anyway. It wasn't like she actually wanted to go in there.

"I'm terribly sorry, mister." She says, looking down to his shoes.

"watch your steps, kiddo." He uttered, flashing her a toothy grin before resuming to walk into the school parking lot, located just a few feet away from where Danielle was standing.