eleventh

"Go away!" Danielle protested against Harry, wanting to be left alone.

"Danielle please, I just want to talk." He implored.

Squeezing her eyes shut to somehow decrease the amount of tears falling from her eyes, Her chest felt immensely heavy which made her incapable of breathing properly and her eyes began hurting from too much crying. She wants to stop sobbing and actually function entirely but she couldn't, it just keeps coming up simultaneously and she had no choice but to let them go..

She didn't want to see his face. In fact, she didn't want to see him anymore or even just hear his voice. Everything about him made her this delusional young girl that she didn't want to be and she just wants it to be over. She wants to forget everything that made her fall.. Even his very existence of that's possible..

It would've probably been easier if he was just manifestation of someone from her imagination. She wouldn't have to plan on confessing petty feelings and she wouldn't get this pathetic crush on him which deepened over time to start with. She hoped dearly he would just go away and go back to Kristen and move on but he did not.. he kept knocking on her door like a nosy landlord, begging for rental payment.

It's enough that he saw her like that on the floor with a wet dress because of her own jumpiness, She didn't want him to see what she's done to herself over time and be more humiliating. He didn't deserve seeing it.. And Louis was probably there too, she didn't want to see him either.

"Dani please, I just want to know if you're okay.." His faint voice behind the door begged one more time, worrying obvious in his tone.

She sat up her bed and stared at the locked door behind her blurred vision, listening to his knocks, which never subsided. "I said go away!" She repeated in clear voice, her throat stinging all of a sudden. "I don't want to see you anymore!"

"No, I'm not leaving until you open this door and let me in." Harry muttered sternly, the idea confusing Danielle's exhausted senses..

Why won't he just go away? Why does he need to make things even worse? He's already turned her helplessly in love with him, what could he possibly want now? And he hasn't talked to her in like a month, followed by what happened yesterday when she saw him staring at her in his window. There's nothing to talk about other than what happened to her downstairs and she want none of it.

Danielle then realized, Milla could be caught up drinking or chatting with their relatives but she certainly would not ignore such a scene considering, Dani was the one who suggested to invite Harry and Kristen for Christmas in the first place. It would surely confuse her and the last thing Dani wanted was to get her mother involved on any of her problems. Not now that they have visitors over.

She immediately wiped her wet cheeks with both of her hands and tried to pull herself together, her heart racing at the thought of Her mother getting into the door to chastise her about hospitality and whatnot. And the last time Milla scolded her about being impolite and irresponsible, she made a scene in the whole neighborhood by dragging Danielle out of the house as she cried full volume. Thankfully that happened before Harry even moved in next door. But still she would never forget about that day. It was the same day she her self esteem sank for the very first time.

Neither Carter nor Alfred could do anything about it as it happens, they just watched Dani from a distance unable to stop Milla as she publicly humiliated her own daughter..

So before that even happens. She took a deep breath and dragged her feet off the bed onto the floor and stood up, persistently rubbing her face with both of her hands to get rid of the tear marks that has dried against her skin.. The hem of her dress was still wet and so was her flats. Harry has stopped knocking on her door which gave her the idea that he was probably gone but even so, she made her way to the door from the thought of Milla and eventually opened it.