thirtieth

MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL ♡ I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE HAVING A GREAT DAY!

"th-the janitorial storage?" Dani stammered, gulping on the lump forming in her throat as she looked at Harry. "Wh-what do you possibly need to see in there?"

"I don't know," Harry shrugged, "I'm just curious."

The Janitorial storage was down the basement of the school and Dani has never been in there before. Mainly because she wasn't curious and all she ever went to was the corridors and her assigned rooms. The Janitors only ever really come by midnight to make cleaning easy since the students will be a constant pain in the ass and right now, that room is definitely empty. She could already feel the sweat dripping from her forehead as she tries to process the possibilities. If they go down in there, they'd be as isolated as Mr. Dweller and anything can happen. Even stuff that Dani thinks is inappropriate.

It took her a minute to realize she was just standing there like a statue while Harry waited for her response.

"So? Are we going to do this or are we going to do this?" Harry laughed, shoving both of his hands inside his pockets.

She sighed, her chest tightening as her head fills up with assumptions. As much as she's been isolated all her life, and didn't know shit about anything; Harry was the first person to ever seem more than enthusiastic to see such a place. Dani knew there was nothing wrong with the Janitorial Storage, neither was there anything special about it. Sure enough there'd just be multiple decorations in there that had been taken down from the past events that happened in their school.

They headed all the way from the corridors to the unusually big basement, and never once did Harry take her hand as they walked. Even though he was literally just standing right there, he seemed distant, almost like he was way too impatient to appreciate the moment and Danielle had never seen him like that before. Normally he'd be full of life and will never fail to talk about whatever it is inside his head. She felt alienated from him, which wasn't a good thing. She thought after her further revelations last night, Harry would understand that she didn't just looked at him as a friend, and he would finally realize it's not healthy to keep her still. But he can't seem to get the point.

She wanted to get away. Far, far away so him and Kristen could live peacefully without her and by now that was everything she wanted. She didn't even care anymore if she mentally bruises herself from the impending emotional affliction, she just wanted it to end; nevertheless everytime she confronts him it always ends with the both of them pressed up against each other, lips connected and hands in places. Confrontations were supposed to be a normal conversation, it would start decent and it would end with closures, but somehow it was different when it comes to Harry. She was afraid she'll get carried away over time, so while that wasn't happening yet, she needed to act fast.

Once they got in front of the door of the janitorial storage by the basement which they found by the huge cardboard sign hanging from the door, Danielle reluctantly held the cold knob and twisted it, realizing she wasn't going to be able to open it after a few tries. Harry was standing behind her, and the basement was a narrow enough to leave them only a few inches of spaces in between their bodies. She could almost feel his thigh brushing against hers, but Dani shook that idea away from her head. That thing is not going to happen again, and if it does; if by any chance it does happen again, she's not going to let it happen.

She turns around, internally shocked by how close Harry was in front of her. He was just stood there, unamused, his arms crossed below his chest and his chin resting against his hand. "I-It's locked." She gulps, blinking awkwardly as sweat begins to visibly drip from her face.

"Where are the keys then?" he asks, turning away to look across the narrow corridors.

"It's probably with the head of maintenance." she justifies, "And, I'm pretty sure everyone from the maintenance is at home right now."