ninety third

The thought picks at her mind even at school, sitting in her periods and staring blankly at whiteboards, hands absentmindedly gliding through notebooks as she tried to listen. She looks out the windows, silently wishing Harry had come earlier than expected. Maybe it's a bad idea to tell him about her pregnancy test the same day of Louis' party. She was setting herself up for failure, and perhaps that's why she's anxious. Then again she can't really blame herself. This wasn't just her confessing her feelings for him anymore, they've gone past that a long, long time ago.

Lunch wasn't easy, standing in line to the counter only to realize all the food there made her gag, when previously she stuffed her face with them, walking back to Louis and his friends' vacant table with a water bottle on her tray. They're probably already at his house helping him for tonight. She can already hear Blinche arguing with him and Niall's hand aggressively rubbing his face in annoyance. It was scary almost: how used she's grown to seeing them there everyday and now they suddenly aren't, the lunchroom drowned out by distant murmurs instead of her cousin's stupid bickering with his boyfriend's sister. Danielle didn't want to think about it, but graduation was near. And this is how it's going to look like after summer break; on her own again. Minding her own business and slipping in and out of classes unnoticed.

Carter's going away for college too. She hasn't heard their parents talk about it yet, but certainly Milla has mentioned it at least numerous times. She'd always wanted them to go to Oxford for college. So even if they can patch up whatever gap they have right now, Danielle would still be on her own. They were the same age, just three months apart but for some reason Milla made him go to school one year earlier, and then Dani, so he'd always been ahead. Although back then he always joked about going back to their high school everytime his classes are over once he starts uni so they can go home together, that doesn't really seem remotely plausible with their situation right now.

After lunch she heads back to her next periods, sitting through more reminders and notes, wishing for it to be over. Their finals are three days from now which seems ominous, nonetheless, she had bigger problems to worry about than their exams.

By the time classes were over, she practically sprinted out of the room into the hallways, checking her wristwatch; six thirty. Thirty minutes late from her teacher giving away pointers on what more to revise. The skies were a mixture of oranges and blues, fluffs of clouds breaking through it as she stepped into the quad, winds greeting her face. The parking lot was teeming with people, Danielle's eyes frantically searching for Harry's car as she strolled towards her bike. She still didn't have a gift for Louis, and she's running out of time. She'll still go even if she didn't have one, nonetheless, it would still feel better to knock on his door with an occupied hand instead of not knowing what to do with them.

Harry and his car were no where still as she stood next to her bike, impatiently tapping her foot on the concrete, keeping her eyes on the main gate just in case he arrives. She fiddled with his phone for a minute, sliding back and forth between the contacts and the dial pad when a familiar black SUV drove into the gates, her feet standing straight up as it passed just right in front of her, parking on the closest spot. Her jaw almost dropped as the door opened; Harry in a pair of sunglasses, his brown hair messy and clean at the same time. He was wearing a black blazer over a white shirt, a few buttons undone at his chest, exposing a couple of his tattoos and a cross pendant necklace. He slammed the door close, taking off his glasses and striding to where she was, his shoes scraping against the cement of the lot, a several pairs of eyes landing in his direction.

"Hey." He shot her a grin, towering over her and pushing a loose strand of hair out of his face, his fingers glinting with rings. "Are you ready?" He arched an eyebrow, and it took Dani a moment to realize she needed to speak as well, cheeks reddened by the thought of what she looked like compared to him. Her blouse was creased, her sleeves frayed and her shoes worn out.