first

It was seven in the night, the skies dark outside and the atmosphere cold due to the upcoming Christmas weather that Danielle did not enjoy that much.. She wasn't really like that in regular days, neither would she feel problematic at near Christmas season.. But this year was different. While Everybody was downstairs, her mother, her father and her older brother preparing to go outside for Christmas shopping, Danielle was in her large grey worn out sweater that exposed one of her shoulders, sitting in front of her window, arms propped up and her eyes caught up on looking out to the night sky..

She didn't have any Christmas break homework from her professors back in school, and she wasn't planning on doing anything at all so she figured she would just do what she usually does on her spare time and that was to secretly stalk on her neighbor's window.. It was wrong and she's fully aware of that but she couldn't help but wonder how he lives his life.. And the last time she directly talked to Harry was two weeks ago when he came over her house to introduce his new girlfriend that was now living with him.

After that she hasn't heard from him and it's driving her insane.. He wouldn't go out of his house to pass by, nor would he call Danielle through her window to remind her that he's going out, going to work or simply just leaving.. They've been as close as siblings ever since the first week that he moved in, with Danielle accidentally tripping on his garden on her way home.. They immediately became friends and since then Harry would always come over to check up on her..

But now he's just.. Cold.

Before, he would open his window at night to tell her good night, now it's just his purple window curtains that would greet her everytime she would look out her window frame.. No Harry, also none of his warm smiles that would lighten up her day whenever she's feeling down. Just the occasional sneak peeks of what's on the other side of the fabric every now and then because of the strong wind.

Thankfully, Harry's lights were too bright inside his room, casting their shadows against the curtain. And this is pretty much what Danielle was been looking forward ever since the last time she saw Harry.. It's actually pathetic and she's fully aware of that, making her question her own actions. She tried restraining herself from all of these However, she could feel the emptiness within her chest without seeing his face, or even just his shadows.

She didn't know what it was, neither was she stressing herself out from finding out. It's been bugging her for as long as she could remember. Normally she would immediately tell her mother to get help but this feels like it needs to stay inside, without anyone ever knowing it. Danielle feels like if someone ever finds out they'd judge her.. This is the first time she kept something big only for herself despite of her mother always reminding her to never keep secrets, and she never knew it would be so difficult, concealing the pain and her yearning for someone.

Even the thought that her feelings for Harry was illegal has consumed her mind once considering, He has a girlfriend. When she was a child her mother would frequently tell her how unwomanly it is to adore someone that's already committed, as she grew up she stayed with that mindset until she met him.. So she knew, no one definitely deserves to know how impulsive she's been for the past few days, only if it's just her head making all these conclusions.

So she decided she'd keep her distance from people from now on to avoid feeling guilty.. As much as she wanted to cry everytime she'd see Kristen, and how lucky she is to have him, she couldn't do anything.. it's not like she can just run to his house and make him love her..

At least by looking out onto his window she'd still be close to Harry without anyone knowing. She sighed, her breath leaving steam into the cold air as she focused into the silhouettes moving around Harry's room.. She could already recognize him just by his tall shadow and his luscious curls, causing a weak smile to crawl onto her lips, her heart beginning to swell into her chest like always..