thirty seventh

|y'all I posted an update book, go check that shit out to keep in track of my update sched (if you're interested) And I also have another H.S story, titled "Naivety" :) |

“I bet, my best girl is craving sweets, do you want some ice cream?” Harry mumbled, eyes fixated upon looking into hers that she's forgotten where they currently were.

Danielle pulled herself away from the lunacy going on inside her head, taking her gaze away from Harry to look in front of them where a line began. A line to the ice cream vendor. There were at least three people ahead of them, an adult who carried a purple cotton candy and two ten year old kids who ignorantly waved their money as they waited for their turn. The seller stood on the other side of the large ice cream cart, a bright pink cap concealing his head from where Dani was as he enthusiastically gave the cones to the children. He was wearing a checkered pastel apron, his dark blue shirt showing from the top.

Before she knew it, all the previous people had left and it was their turn. They approached forward and Harry removed his arm from being wrapped around her shoulders to reach down for the pockets of his trousers. Danielle looked down at the glass case enclosed inside the cart, containing six different tubs which were filled with a variety of frozen dessert. Her mouth watered at the sight, her attention most caught by the swirl of vanilla and chocolate in one tub. She never really liked ice cream that much because of the pain it brings her teeth whenever she tries to eat them. Her mum had suggested to avoid it entirely, but it has been a while.

Which also made her wonder; winter was just leaving and there were already ice cream vendors going around?

“which one do you want?” Harry asks, pulling out a bill from his wallet.

Danielle had thought twice about it even though she shouldn't have, placing her fingers underneath her lip. Her teeth had always had this problem where it aches whenever she drinks and eats cold stuff, and even when Milla had tried to fix it several times by bringing her to the dentist for different medications, it was still there. And as pathetic as she was for Harry, her teeth weren't. And they weren't just going to fix themselves for him. It was going to ruin the moment too and it seemed to cruel if she had suddenly told him now.

“Well——” she refrained, looking over to her side where he stood, waiting for her answer. “which one do you want?”

“I want everything for all I know.” Harry flashed her a toothless grin, glancing towards the ice cream vendor who seemed to play along the joke by sending him a smile.

Danielle noticed, her cheeks heating up in mild embarrassment. “No c'mon, Harry, I'll have what you're having.”

Harry suppressed the grin which further stretched the corners of his mouth, pressing his lips shut as the urge became unbearable. “Fine, I want the vanilla and chocolate one.” he stated, handing the man his payment before shoving one hand back into his coat. “Make that two please.”

The two of them watched as the vendor reached for the cone container placed on top of the cart and scooped up balls of ice cream from the tubs, neatly putting it deep into the cone until it overflowed at the top. Once he was finished, he quickly handed them the cones with the same polite beam he's given the children, making Dani feel warm inside despite the cold that surrounded them. Excitement bubbled inside her stomach, the cone cold on her grip, as she brought it up an inch away from her mouth, contemplating over the impending result. She could slowly make out the image of Harry from the corner of her eyes, merrily licking upper scoop while also looking at her.

“Keep the change.” Harry mutters quickly into his dessert, grabbing Danielle's hand as the vendor scrambles for coins in his purse.

Dani stumbled on her feet in the attempt to properly walk along, not saying another word as Harry leads her away from the ice cream cart. Ice radiated from the ice cream like smoke as she held it firmly in her hands, her mouth yearning to run against the soft serve and bring chill to the fire at the back of her throat. As she glanced over to Harry who kept on walking towards a specific unoccupied bench from across the park. He was already halfway to finishing the top scoop, his upper lip stained with a swirl of white and brown, before his tongue swiftly swiped it away. Thankfully hers has not melted yet, although it would later on and she wasn't even worried about it.