second

“I didn't” Danielle returned flatly, feeling the cushion shifting upon another person's weight as Carter sat by the other side of the bed looking at her.

Carter doesn't genuinely know about Danielle's issue with Harry but he does know him and he also knows that his sister's window is right in front of Harry's and this is the first time he saw her chair in front of that window which brings him to the conclusion that she was watching him.. It's a ridiculous thought, knowing Danielle isn't really the type of girl that would constantly observe on someone so he decided to just shrug it off.

Although he won't be able to hide the fact that he's worried about Danielle; lately she's been out of her focus. Always skipping dinner, always inside her room, she barely even goes outside anymore to get exposed to at least the sunlight. And this all started happening when Harry introduced Kristen to their family.. He thought maybe it was just a coincidence and perhaps Danielle was just having the usual teenage mood swings and maybe he was right.. He just went with the assumption that Danielle's just having a little crush on their neighbor and that she's shy to admit it.

However he knew that wasn't enough reason for Danielle to hide stuff from him.. She was usually clingy over her brother and used to tell him every thought that would come across her mind, He would be the first person to know if Danielle's embarrassed to tell their parents but now she would just cage it in her head and would always seem problematic.. There's probably something bigger she dreads to tell him right?

He just wouldn't make it obvious but he misses the Danielle that would constantly talk to him about petty and innocent things..

“well can you atleast tell me why?” Carter mumbled softly not intending to pressure his sister over telling him the truth.

She sat back up not facing her brother peering towards her window, literally shoveling her thoughts for decent answers that doesn't relate to Harry nor what she just saw earlier.. “Nothing I just..” She began, slowly turning to Carter making sure it's not just awkward silence she would give him.. “I just don't feel like it this year..”

Carter took a pause to process her answer, chuckling afterwards in disbelief. “what do you mean you don't feel like it this year? You used to to be the one all caught up in Christmas shopping all these years and now you're just gonna quit for some obscure reason?”

That is true.

Before Dani even knew Harry this year she's always been the one always insisting her family towards going Christmas shopping, sometimes she would even cry over it when they would cancel so ever since she was a kid it has been their tradition to go to the mall and buy stuff every Fifteenth of December. She also made the rule they have to be complete when doing so.

Once Carter also refused to go with them and Danielle was the one who constantly jumped on his bed to wake him up to reality and bring him along against his will.. That was about a year ago and they're all well aware She was fifteen then and nothing has changed in her.. Now Carter's just extremely baffled over her unusual attitude.

“my stomach hurts..” Dani blurted out surprisingly sounding certain about this statement that she made up.

Carter's ridiculed expression turned into a concerned one somehow hearing the pain within his sister's voice which immediately made him feel guilty for making fun of her.. He knows Dani doesn't really finds it offensive when he would tease her but nothing stays the same forever.. If her disposition over petty stuff such as Christmas shoppings can change, it can also change over Carter's small attempts to make her laugh. And the last thing he wanted to happen was to make Danielle hate him..

He sighed, settled himself next to his sister and looked down to her, running his fingers through her messy blonde hair expecting she would just go on and hug him like what she usually does which leads to her confessing her problems but instead she just sat there with sadness written all over her face, her brother unaware of her internal pain..