thirty sixth

She looks over to Harry, only to realize that he had been looking at her the whole time, his eyes focused on her face She quickly averts her gaze away, her heart nearly falling out of her chest in paranoia.

“what?” He chuckles, a smile pulling on the corners of his mouth.

“nothing,” She mumbles, looking down onto the pavement, counting down the steps it would take for them to reach the busy streets. It wasn't that far, but Dani already felt like she was hiking by the amount of times she held her breath.

Harry looks up at the skies which were a light shade of blue, his eyes squinting a bit from the glare. “The weather's nice today isn't it?” he claims, shoving both of his hands into the pockets of his coat.

“yeah, it is.” Dani replies before they dove back into utter silence, the cars passing by and the wind blowing on the leaves being the only distraction from each other.

“You know, I was just about to get something from the nearby park. You maybe want to tag along?” Harry asks cautiously, watching the steps she would take ahead of him.

Danielle refrains, her head silently arguing over the matter. Her gaze shifted between his face and the road. The last time she ever agreed to do something with Harry, she ended up regretting it and not getting any sleep. As much as she would love to be at home at the moment, It wasn't like she could actually say no to him.  Nowadays it just felt unnecessary to contemplate over things when it came to Harry, for it would always end the same way. And she did want to go somewhere else that wasn't school or their house, she just couldn't find the perfect time to go, and everyone around was busy. Carter and used to take her there, but now she could barely even talk to her.

Furthermore, she had always wondered what it would feel like to breathe there with the comfort of knowing that Harry was there too, even if it meant going home late and having to explain Milla everything.

“Sure,” she utters uncertainty baffling her head.

For the next ten minutes they walked across the slightly crowded streets, Harry taking her hand everytime they passed pedestrian lanes, safely dragging her along, his grasp delicately curved on top of hers. Dani tried not to think too much about it and focused on keeping up to his quick steps, ignoring her thoughts that raged in assumptions, reminding her of everything that lead up what happened in the school basement that she couldn't seem to let go. It wasn't in her plans today to go to the park, neither was it in her schedule to skip her last period, Blinché already dragged her anyways, and now she was back to where she was yesterday.

She shook off her thoughts, watching from a distance the way the loose curls of his hair slightly bounced, his face morphed into sincerity as they continued on, every now and then looking back to check on her. Thankfully it didn't take long for them to reach the park for it was only a block away from school. It had already felt like an hour that they've been walking, or perhaps it was just her. Once they got there, the park wasn't tightly packed with people, neither was it empty. There was a decent amount of people walking around. There were children sitting on the grass, adults on the benches scattered across the entire place, the smell of sweets, freshly cut grass. Pretty much all the things she expected it to be.

Danielle could almost feel her childhood going back all at once, although her mother didn't necessarily allow her to go there. Whenever she tried bribing her, the response she got were warnings about the people who could do her harm in there. If it wasn't for Carter, she would have never been able to ever visit that place. It wasn't that special to the point where it was worth getting in trouble for, but it was better than having to sit around the house all day with Milla constantly monitoring everything she does. And now it was specifically better because of Harry, but who was she kidding? Everything is better with him. For all she knows, He could talk about nonsensical stuff all day, and she would listen to every word.