chapter thirty-four

“What happened to you, what did I do,” I questioned.

“You lied” he growled

“What did I lie about, was it about?” I questioned tears threatening to fall.

He shifted his weight to stand up over me.

“You used me in order to get an easy ride to make your life goals come true.” he glared down at me.

“Why would I do that, thats such a stupid reason to just start suddenly hating anyone, I can understand though. But every day that I was away from you I craved to be near you. I wanted to be in your arms to get rid of my nightmare that seemed to of, come to reality. I still love you with all my heart even now. As I watch your cold eyes glare at me. I only have one person that I will love for ever, and as he stands here breaking my heart but my love will always be there for you when your ready.” I smiled with tears finally streaming down my cheeks. I walked out of the building now, I ran out off a good distance to clear my mind. I appeared in front of my house. I looked at the old building still standing solid and strong. I entered the house dusting off the pictures my mom had put in frames all over the house. All of them were of my highschool years with my friends, and Zane.

I smiled as I dusted off the group picture of senior year. I wiped away a tear before I could hear stirring shifting around. I spun around to see my parents, they looked so much older now than when I had left. They were in tears, and started hugging me and crying on my shoulders. I was ruffly at my fathers height. My mother was like a dwarf to me now I had to reach down to hug her. I stood back up and glanced behind him where Buddy had barked at the new stranger in his space. I smiled towards him making him turn that bark into a whimpered. I got down on my knees and played with him. I could hear his joints pop in age. But his youth he was showing me was amazing. He must have been about 18 years old now. Or something close to that age. I whispered 'I love you's' into his ears, as he grabbed his blue ball and bounced it to me. I rolled it away which he caught with speed. I giggled as he tried to sit on my lap.

I scratched his head.

“Hey, is alright if I stay here for awhile, Zane needs a little time to resettle.” I asked my parents.

They looked at me and then the most recent picture, where he had proposed to me. I still wore the ring proudly. But knowing Zane his troubled mind needed a little more time to figure things out. My parents looked back at me.

“Sure dear. What happened to Zane?” they questioned.

“I really don't know, I want to so badly. I love him still with all my heart. He must be going through a rut in the road since I was gone.” I frowned painfully.

My heart couldn't figure out why the sudden change of his heart. I truly couldn't wait for him to welcome me back into his warm arms. I had so much to tell him. But right now he would listen to a word I would say.

I opened my door, it creaked with years of not used. I smiled up at the sliding door. I patted the door as I slipped by. I took a look, still as messy as I left it. I smirked and begun to clean the room until it was spotless not a sock out of place. My mom entered and gasped.

“You cleaned your room, are you sure you are my daughter,” she asked astonished.

I laughed “Yes mom, I surly am.”

I was just troubled by something I need it to keep me off of thinking about it. But she wouldn't know. I would never tell her about the mission or what happened it was my job to keep the detail a secret, from the ones I love the most. I dusted down the house for my mom who could barely walk at the moment with age and arthritis, it was causing a lot of pain for them. So I stood in my moms place as maid. I felt like it was filling the heart break quite well. I looked outside noticing that the grass needed to be mowed. I asked dad if he didn't mind if I mowed the grass. He wanted to watch and tell me if I was making a mistake. He was those kind of critic people who wanted the lawn to be perfect.