Chapter thirteen

~flash back~

~no one's POV~

“ZERA!” two kids yelled at Zera

They were waving there hands around to get their attention. This was all during the street fighting arena. Zera and Zane were about eight years old and fighting a man who had a legacy of killing his opponents. The two kids were Tall for there age at fourteen, while the deadly duo where half that age. The fight began and the winners had already slayed the beast of beast. Chanting there favorite saying in unison.

“For those on the street who can judge the ones that justice Can not touch. The deadly Duo, will be the justice for the streets. For those who are weaker than us, we shall do everything in our power to protect them!” Street kids cheered and howled for the body of the Killer fell to the ground

Blood dripped out of his mouth. His skull was crushed inward his body mingled from trying to dodge there death blows. This man had been known to kick the younger street kids into the walls or killing them just for the fun. In the deadly duo's eyes he was cold hearted and his stained hands were no longer desired in their neighborhood. They were the protectors of the young and the weak they held true to that with iron wills. They had never lost a fight against those who opposed them, or picked a fight against them. They were considered the strongest street fighters in the world. Or in the kids they protected eyes.

After the fight the body was turned to ash leaving no trace that he had even been killed at all. Zera stepped off the fighting platform and walked up to the tall kids that had called to her before the fight.

“Hey what you guys up to. Hows those stock things?” She asked

“Oh the stocks are doing fine and the money we got already went to the 'Bane'” The girl said happily.

Zera looked up at the two and smiled tilting her head.

“You too seem to get taller everyday!” she exclaimed

“Is it really that bad?” The boy asked.

Zera nodded kindly.

“So what are your plans after you turn eighteen?” Zera asked the two.

“Oh, well we were planing on having a kid around when we are sixteen and then raise him or her to do stocks as well, and then we would move out of this place in search of better stocks and still send money to the 'Bane'”the girl said with a nod.

Zera approved it with a brisk nod.

The girl had bronze colored eyes and pale skin with natural yellow hair, her body had not yet filled out. The boy on the other hand had dark brown hair and yellowish eyes who was about two years older than the girl. He had filled out his tall frame his skin was slightly darker than hers but not by much. These two have been together since there own older brothers and sisters died in the great fire. They are partners for life for as long as they live they will never leave each others sides even to deaths door.

As they grow Zera stands up for them countless times against the other kids who think that stocks were not something that street kids should do. As if it was something only the weak would ever do to get away from the streets themselves. But that was not the case. The two could only provide and trade with what little they had on them to begin with. What little measly stocks were smaller than those of large stock owners by the thousands. Zera knew that everyone had their strengths and weaknesses on the street. And it was her job to be strong when they could not be. Even for those who were older than her.

A long time passed and the Two kids from before had grown into fine people who could blend in with the normal crowd and no one would be able to tell if they were indeed raised on the streets or not.