Chapter twenty six

Soon everyone had the fresh supplies we told them of the path we had made to get here. They welcomed the idea as well. Since they could never backtrack to get out. They had to move forward. But as I looked around I could see all the injured people scattered around. I bit my lip. Those people wouldn't be able to make it to the pick up point. The only thing to do is to clear a path that will last long enough for the most injured to be carried through. But how do I get the deployments to do something like that... unless I used Samara and even using her how could I take on this many!

Colin and Gordon where chatting quietly with me organizing the new portals for around the set up base. Samara was whispering through my body.

“Do you too remember the time Samara first turned you what your powers where?” the different voice than my own spoke.

They turned to face me shocked. Goliath stepped forward in a protective manner.

They looked at Goliath and then to me and then back and forth. I looked back at the sea that slowly inched closer.

“Yeah we can transform into hand weapons with infant ammo.” they said in unison

“Do you think that Samara could clear a path if I let her take control? And you guys were her weapons.” I now was able to question.

They looked at each other and nodded.

“Sure it sounds like a good idea to us.” they both said firmly.

I nodded and went back to sharpen my blades I told my unit what I was going to do. They were frantic as can be.

“Why why would you sacrifice yourself for something thats just beginning.” Brandon exclaimed quietly.

“You've seen how wounded some of them are. They need the clear flat traveling. They need a road–– Samara can provide them that road to the wounded pick up. We only have two hours to do so.” I countered.

“Leave the wounded behind!” Ceil said softly.

I glared at him with the coldest stare I could muster myself.

“I will never be like Samara and leave the weak to die. Nor my comrades.” I sneered

I stood up walking away double checking everything. Before I jogged up to Colin and Gordon. Who had set up temporary leaders until there return. I had left Tyler in control with Earth. I waved one last good by not sure if I would make it out alive.

~Tyler's POV!~

I watched as the girl I always thought as a sister leave to fight the sea of Zombies. That seemed to multiply. She wouldn't done this if it wasn't our comrades that were the wounded. She would just have left the weak and dying with a bullet to the skull. Thats how much my dear Sam had changed over one year. I stood in the front lines of the patrol watching Sam let Samara take over, her aura turned deadly. Soon Gordon and Colin transformed into Glocks. She never had to reload.

I watched dearly at every jump, tuck, duck, summer salt, etc. expecting something horrible to go wrong. But it never did. I watch all this through my snipper scope. She executed each Zombie with one Bullet. Some times when some had lined up in a row even if it was a rare sight. One bullet would kill four to six at a time. Our comrades started videoing this.

The one person two immortals massacre. Those images are forever stained in my heart. The memories that said. She really doesn't need us, she's more like someone who will do our work for us, or she would be the one to kill all the Zombies and then set back for the comrades to get out.

When she had finished that day. We weren't the ones to catch her when she tumbled over in fatigue. We all just watched, Goliath had been the one to catch her. She still had one Glock pointed at a window. We didn't notice the helicopter touching down until the bullet fired hitting a Zombie that was getting near it. Then she seemed to push herself back on to her feet. Despite all the pain that must be taking over her. She held the position for us to get the wounded to the helicopter. And when the helicopter left she smiled. And slowly crept back to the temporary base. Her face held the pain behind it well but not good enough for our unit to see.