Chapter sixteen

I smiled up at him as sleep soon found me, dawn awoke me I looked at the pink sky today would mark the third month. Only a month and half left I guess. I thought to myself. I looked down at my belly which was obvious that I was pregnant now. Itachi had already left me and Kuda in the small clearing. I don't know where he disappeared to but I know it was to keep his image up. But I was alright with that.

I didn't need to run on that much affection anyways. Kuda and I went down to the river, I could see large salmon swimming against the current. How Ironic? For japan or where ever this place is to have Salmon??? I questioned myself. My belly growled I knew the kiddo's were hungry I pulled out my knife and started sharpening a stick to roast a fish in the fire. Kuda had already jumped into the water growing a bit bigger to let the smaller fish pass below her and the larger ones more free to take on. What I didn't notice was that Kismae appeared dropping a fish down in front of me when I was watching Kuda. I jerked onto my feet.

He raised a brow when he looked at my stomach but rolled his eyes.

“eat the fish, looks like you need if more than I do.” he walked off.

Kuda reappeared with a bigger fish. I had set to work on making a small fire pit before I would snap my fingers. As I arranged them on large leaves I let Kuda have what I didn't eat. She was happy to not waste food. I leaned back staring at the river. I looked at it for a while before I inched my bare feet into the cold water. The salmon swan by with speed heading to the spawning grounds I guess. I waddled in to my knees before I placed my fingertips into the water. I swirled the water up into the air twisting it around like a dance. I smiled and laughed as the power inched everywhere from my head to my toes. The fish swam closer to me as if I were just part of the water itself. I giggled as the brushed against my legs. My attitude was so laid back I was so care free when I was bonding with nature all I could do is smile and laugh as the nature comforted me inside and out. I could feel my little babies move around as I calmed down myself. I inched out of the current. Kuda seemed to look like she was really happy. Or at least the aura around me was happy and I didn't want this joy to end not one little bitty bit. Kuda went out into the river again to fish for the now growling belly it had only been like one hour since I had a huge breakfast! I still don't understand how I could eat and eat and eat. But never feel full for some reason!. Munchy overload ;p.

Kuda and I stayed by the river bed for the next month or so. Itachi reappeared asking why I hadn't been in the base for a while. When he had been asking me I had bit into the cooked fish looking up at him. He couldn't help but laugh, Kuda joined in.

“Well I can't help that I cant stop eating, I feel like I am a pig or something like that since I can't even leave the riverbed!” I puffed.

They seemed to laugh even harder, I rolled my eyes and finished the large fish. I stood up and waddled to the edge of the river to wash my hands off. Itachi noticed how much bigger my belly had gotten in the coarse of only one month.

“One question when you said about immortal children growing faster than normal children...”

“Pregnancy is cut in half if thats what your trying to get to.” I smiled interrupting him while I was looking up at him.

He nodded. But stayed quiet for a few moments started a small fire as the sun started setting. Indeed I was counting down the last fifteen days. I sat down at the edge of the river letting my half of my hair drift with the current while the other drifted in the breeze telling me where everyone was and what they were talking about. I watched the reflection of the setting sun on the water's surface. I looked around for something much grander but did see anything. I had to tell Itachi that I would have to return to my own world but I hadn't finished my business here so I might just set a time freeze in this world as I leave and until I return it will resume. But I didn't know how I was going to do that not one bit.