Awaiting Danger

(A/N)

Ahhh, so so so sorry that I am terrible with updating this. College takes up so much of my time and yes, I know I am on break now and since the holidays are over I should have time to publish more chapters, so expect some consistent updating that I can continue into the next semester. I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday season and thanks so much for reading my story :)

"I'll make sure I'll do whatever I can to back you up then!" I exclaimed, clapping my hand on Naruto's shoulder. "You're our last hope, right?"

Naruto turned over to me with a mixed expression—it was joyous yet conflicting, it was the same gaze at which he looked at Sasuke. Just as Sasuke, Naruto struggled to decipher my true intentions and whether he trust me again.

Of course he feels this way. I chewed at the inside of my cheek. Who can forget everything I have done?  In fact, the last time I was with him, it was to kill him. 

"Naruto," I gazed into those blue eyes, hoping he read me. "I promise you can trust me. I'm on your side from now on."

My words put Naruto at ease as he seemed to relax. His signature bright grin lit up his face, which in turn did the same to me. "I'm glad to fight with you again, (Y/N)! Just back me up!"

I nodded at his enthusiasm. Naruto always had that effect on people that makes them more at ease and more enthusiastic. He's essentially already like a Hokage...

"That attack was effective now, Naruto, but now he's covering his blind spots." Tobirama announced, pulling me back into the battle that was happening right now.

I gazed back at Obito, noticing that he was in fact, guarding his blind spots, which was his back. I frowned slightly at this. Now we have to think of a new plan to attack him. At least we have the first part down of knowing what will hurt him. Next step is to think of a plan that will actually have us land a blow on him.

Obito had a focused look on his face as he stared us down.  He kneeled to the ground, placing his palms on it as well. I tensed up, anticipating an attack. I put my hands up, ready to wield hand signals just the ground started to rumble.

Right in front of us shot up a giant plant, growing and growing until it reached the sky. My eyes widened as I saw giant flowers bloom and open up along the trunk of the giant plant. As the four flowers opened up, four giant black orbs formed, ready to attack the shinobi below.

H-He's planning to blow us all up! My mind screamed at me to move or to think of something that could protect everyone, but nothing came up. There was also simply no time to escape either. How many times will my life be threatened by those freaking black orbs?

On top of that, Obito formed a giant barrier around everyone, including all of the Allied Shinobi and us as well. He started floating upwards, a black sphere covering him up to protect him from the blasts that would soon occur. Now, there's definitely no escape!

"What are we going to do?" I turned to Naruto and Sasuke, hoping that they would have an idea. Sasuke stared blankly at Obito, but Naruto was different. He had a look on his face—a look that was as if he had an idea that could work out.

"Whatever you're thinking of doing, do it," I said. 

He nodded at me as he walked over to his dad.  "Dad, I don't know if this is going to work, but can you bump fists with me?"