RasenShuriken

Immediately, Hidan began cursing as the shadows started to follow him. Hidan was too busy escaping the shadows that he didn't notice how Shikamaru was starting to move closer and closer to him. Before he left us, I grabbed his shoulder. "Shikamaru," I said. He turned to me, but was still focused on his jutsu. "Don't go dying on us." I told him.

He gave me a slight smile, "That's the last thing I'm planning to do." Then he turned around and ran after Hidan. Hidan was still dodging the shadows and still failed to notice Shikamaru advancing on him. It was until Shikamaru appeared in front of him that he realized this, but it was too late. Shikamaru's jutsu was a success.

"We're going to take a stroll." Shikamaru said, and he started to run away deep into the forest with Hidan on his side. Soon the two disappeared beyond the trees and out of our view.

Please don't die, Shikamaru... I sent a silent prayer. Then I put my attention back to Kakuzu.

"You shouldn't take Hidan lightly," Kakuzu told us. "But you were right to pick me to fight with greater numbers. I am strong. But there is a level of experience in battle that I have and you don't. I will take your hearts." He looked at Kakashi-sensei and I. "I'll need to restock, and you're hearts will be a perfect addition to me, Kakashi Hatake and (Y/N) Hanninzowa. To think I would be able to get both Sharingan and Rinnegan. How lucky am I?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, "The only lives that will be taken will be yours."

But then, two of the monsters started to fuse together behind Kakuzu. It was the one that used Wind Jutsu and the one that used Fire.

This is very bad now... Fire and Wind go hand in hand, making each other stronger. Then the monsters opened their masks and a fire ball and a huge gust of wind came in our way. I looked over at Kakashi-sensei and he nodded at me. "Elemental Jutsu: Water Barricade!" A huge wall of water surrounded Ino, Choji and I while Kakashi-sensei tried to stop the fire ball and wind duel attack. He used his own water jutsu, but it seemed that it wasn't enough to stop it. Kakashi-sensei was flown back, while my barricade seemed to be strong enough to keep Choji, Ino and I safe.

"Your heart is mine!" Kakuzu cried out as he ran over to Kakashi, his black strings coming out of his arm and wrapping around Kakashi-sensei. He jumped on top of Kakashi-sensei when suddenly he groaned and clutched his chest. "No...impossible..."

I grinned. Shikamaru was successful. "Hidan used your blood instead of Shikamaru's for his ritual." I explained to Kakuzu.

"But...when...?" Kakuzu struggled to speak. Kakashi-sensei responded, "When I attacked you with my Chidori. It is you guys who shouldn't be taking Shikamaru so lightly."

Kakashi-sensei removed himself from Kakuzu and stood up. "Now all we need to do is kill those monsters and we win."

"That's easier said than done..." Ino muttered. I nodded, "We need to be careful and precise. We're all running out of chakra and stamina."

"Expansion Jutsu!" Choji said, and he suddenly grew to the size of a giant. He then collected his chakra onto the palms of his hands and slammed them on the monsters.

But the monsters slipped under and went to Kakuzu's body. They went into his body, merging with him. With a jerk, Kakuzu stood up, "It's been a while since two of my hearts have been taken consecutively."

One of the monsters opened their mouths and a huge gust of wind blew against us, throwing Ino, Choji and Kakashi-sensei back, but for some reason, I stayed in place. Then I felt something trail across my body and I gasped to see that those black strings were now all over my body.