The Hideout

After what seemed like forever of trailing, the three finally came to a stop by a pile of rocks. They then entered through a secret door. Before the door could close shut, I ran up to it leaving my foot in it to prevent it from shutting. After a few moments, I slowly opened the door and slid inside, shutting the door softly.

I was now in a dimly lit corridor with only torches on the wall as my source of light. I could hear the soft sounds of footprints of the three. I slowly began to walk in the same direction, reminding myself to keep my distance.

The footsteps seized, and I was extra careful. I can't afford for them to notice me now, after I've gone this far. I walked further to see that they entered a room. There was no door, so I hid at the corner of the opening.

"You're late."

My breathing stopped and I froze in place. This voice! No it can't be...

"Orochimaru, you said you would teach me a new jutsu this afternoon."

I heard a sigh from Kabuto. "You still never learn how to talk properly to Orochimaru-sama." 

Orochimaru chuckled. "Oh please calm down. Instead I brought a little present. He's a shinobi from Konoha just like you. Feeling nostalgic, Sasuke-kun?"

"Tch, whatever."

It's...Sasuke!

Sasuke...I found you...

"Hi, I'm Sai," I heard Sai introduce himself. "You must be Sasuke Uchiha."

"Go away."

I knew that Sai would be wearing that fake smile, "Hm, even though I force a smile on my face, I guess I'm just that easy to hate. Naruto-kun hated me from the start too, even (Y/N) did as well, but I don't think she hated me that much."

I felt my fist clench. How dare that traitor speak so familiarly about us! I swear Sai, I will get you... Maybe once Sai is alone I'll be able to get him.

"But I think between all three of you, I can get along better with you." I heard Sai say, then I heard him gasp. Just what is going on in that room? 

I wanted to take a peek inside the room, but I knew that I would be caught if I did so. All I could do was sit here in the corner and try to decipher exactly what was going on in the room. It was terrible, but it would have to do. 

"Sasuke-kun!" I heard Kabuto scold. Sasuke must have done something to Sai. Did he use his Sharingan? How strong is he now?

Orochimaru spoke up. "I wouldn't bother with him if I were you. His temper's almost as bad as mine. Personally, I think it's because you mentioned hime-chan in such a familiar way."

"Hime-chan?" Sai asked. 

I heard Orochimaru chuckle. "Or better known as (Y/N). You see, I think our dear little Sasuke-kun is not quite over her yet."

"Orochimaru." I heard Sasuke say, his voice laced with malice. 

I felt my heart pound at these words. I love you. That memory creeped back to me. Those soft lips on mine...then the unbearable pain...then the confession...

"I've heard a lot about you from Naruto-kun and (Y/N)—er (Y/N)-san." Sai rambled. "You know they've been trying to find you for the past three years. Sakura-san told me Naruto-kun thinks of you as his brother. And for (Y/N), I don't know what she considers you as, but I know she cares deeply for you. Well, lately I thought her and Naruto were lovers but—"