The Search

My jaw and heart dropped as Kiba said his last piece of news.

Permission to kill Sasuke at sight?!

"I'm going to see Danzo right now!"

Sakura was the first to recover and I could tell by the look on her face that she was pissed. Naruto nodded, "Me too! Why the hell would he do that!?"

Kakashi-sensei was the one who remained calm, "The only reason Sasuke wasn't named a missing-nin a while ago was because Tsunade was lenient about it. But storming in won't solve anything."

"I can't stand by this!" Sakura retorted. 

Kakahsi-sensei replied, "Danzo knows that you guys would react like this, so one wrong move and you could be put in jail and if you're in jail, then there's no way you would be able to find Sasuke."

Naruto fell silent at Kakashi-sensei's words and I could tell he hated every word. "...fine..." he mumbled finally. Satisfied with his answer, Kakashi-sensei left along with Kiba, leaving the three of us alone.

Naruto turned to me. "(Y/N), what do you think of this!?"

I paused, still shocked from the news. "I-I don't know..." I confessed. "It's all so sudden."

Sakura sighed, "Naruto, lay off of her. She just found out, same as us. It still needs to completely register within us."

Naruto let out a gasp. "Let's find Sai! He's in that group thing with Danzo. He's gotta have information on him!"

Before waiting for our answers, he ran off, leaving Sakura and I. We looked at each other exasperated then ran to catch up with him, "Wait!"

Luckily, we didn't walk that much before running into Sai, who seemed to be looking for us as well. "Sai! We were looking for you," Naruto let out a sigh of relief. "Tell us more about Danzo."

Sai paused. "I can't."

The three of us froze. Sakura exclaimed, "Why?! Are you taking his side?!"

Sai shook his head. "No. I literally can't talk about him." He stuck out his tongue, showing us that it had some sort of seal on it.

I furrowed my eyebrows at it. "What is that?"

"It's a seal that Danzo put on me so if I talk about him, my body gets paralyzed and I'll be unable to talk or move. All Foundation members have it."

Sakura bit her lip, "He's...really cautious."

Sai nodded, "Danzo and the Root Foundation are top secret. I've done some dirty jobs to protect the village. That's how Danzo protects Konoha. You might not approve but he really does care for the village a lot."

"Then why would he plan on having Sasuke killed?!" Naruto yelled. Sai froze. "Really? I haven't heard anything about that."

We all frowned. Even Sai doesn't know?

Then suddenly a sharp movement came from my right and next thing I know there's a sword centimeters away from my face.

"Tell us everything you know about Sasuke. He seems to be a friend of yours."

We all turned around to see two ninjas, one male and one female standing there, both with rich dark skin. Those are Cloud Ninjas. What are they doing here?!