You Again

I clearly have once again underestimated Shikamaru's brain... I thought as I listened to him relay his plan to defeat Hidan and Kakuzu. Of course, there were some tiny faults in them since we didn't know exactly how they would react, but Shikamaru covered most of them with his different scenarios.

"Have you guys memorized the plans?" Shikamaru asked us. 

We all nodded, "Hai!"

I took a glance over at Kakashi-sensei and I could that he was impressed with Shikamaru. But, I mean, who isn't?

"I want you guys to try to stimulate the plans and visualize them in your mind at least three times. If we use this image training, our success rate will vary but it will most likely vary in a positive way." Shikamaru informed us.

I proceeded to visualize his plans in my mind. It took no problem, since Shikamaru described them very accurately and vividly. I memorized it once again and visualized it three times. The others finished as well, and we all stood up.

Then, we started to run again to our destined location. Since Hidan and Kakuzu were heading to Konoha, we were planning on to intercept them before they make it.

We were hiding in the trees as Ino was slumped against the tree. She was using her Mind Transfer Jutsu on an eagle and was using it find Hidan and Kakuzu. I was sitting at the end of the branch sitting down. My eyes were closed and I was channeling my chakra.

Then I felt a presence approach me. I opened my eyes slowly, and found Shikamaru taking a seat next to me. A very close seat. I stiffened a little. I mean, what do I do? The last time we talked it ended very...heated.

"If it's making you so uncomfortable, just forget it."

I looked over at Shikamaru with a confused expression. "What do you mean?"

He sighed, looking into the forest. "I'm talking about when I told how I feel about you and kissed you."

He's being very blunt. Shikamaru put his attention to me. "If you didn't like it, just forget about it. You can't afford being distracted."

I could feel guilt welling in me from his words. It's clear that it takes guts to confess how you feel about someone, and all I was doing was stomping all over that. 

"I-It's not that I didn't like it..." I mumbled, my face turning red. I mean, it's not that I didn't like it...I kind of did like it.

What's going on with your right now, (Y/N)? I sound like some horny teenage ninja.

But why did I feel that way? Now that I think about it, I liked how it felt when I was being kissed by Sasuke and Shikamaru.

No, no, stop (Y/N), you need to focus on your mission. 

And like that I pushed it out of my mind.

"(Y/N)? You there?" A hand waved in front of my face, and I jerked over to Shikamaru. 

"H-Hai!"

He laughed softly, "You're such a scatterbrain sometimes..." 

I pouted at him. "Oh be quiet lazy boy."

I heard a gasp behind us and I looked behind me to see Ino awake. Shikamaru and I stood up right away and ran over to her. Choji helped her up and she turned to us. "I found them. Like we expected, they are taking a different route. They're coming from the north east in the direction of 2 'o clock. So in about ten minutes, we'll collide with them."