New Apprentice

"That old lady is Hokage!?"

Naruto was in shocked to hear that Tsunade would be the new Hokage. Naruto then began to list every imperfection of her, and why she shouldn't be Hokage. At every insult, Tsunade became more pissed off. "Let's take this outside, you brat!!" She finally yelled.

This is like last time... Shizune, Jiraiya and I thought, a sweat mark appearing on our heads.

"I can beat you with one finger." Tsunade repeated again.

Naruto laughed, "Stop calling me a brat! I'll be Hokage too someday!"

Tsunade smiled as Naruto charged at her. But instead of flicking him, she leaned in and kissed his forehead. "Become a good man, Naruto." She said. Naruto grinned back at her, a light blush on his face.

"Now let's get going to Konoha!" Naruto exclaimed, grabbing my hand.

I swatted it away. "I haven't eaten yet, and I'm starving!"

Naruto pouted, then obliged as we walked back into the bar to get our food. I took it to-go, since I also did want to get to Konoha as quickly as possible.

......

"This village changed since I left..." Tsunade said as she stared off at Konoha.

Naruto grabbed her hand, "You need to help Kakashi-sensei and Sasuke now!!"

I laughed as Tsunade tried to push him off of her. "Fine, fine."

We began to lead her to the hospital when we ran into Shikamaru and his dad.

"Hey Shikamaru!" I gave him a hug.

"H-Hey, (Y/N)," he replied, a blush creeping on his face. Shikarmaru also greeted Naruto as well, who had a slight pout on his face.

"Whatcha doin' here?" I asked him.

Shikamaru shrugged, "Just taking care of some annoying business, what about you guys?"

"What kind of business?" I asked him.

Shikamaru sighed, "They're promoting me to a chuunin."

I gasped, tackling Shikamaru into another hug, "REALLY!?"

"That's great Shikamaru!" Naruto exclaimed.

"You're from the Nara family."

Tsunade spoke up as she greeted Shikarmaru's dad, then looked at his kid. "Tsunade-sama, Jiraiya-sama, how are you?"

Then the two began to discuss some medical stuff.

"Who's she?" Shikarmaru pointed to Tsunade.

"She's the new Hokage." I said.

Shikamaru's eyes widened at this. I explained quickly to him about our journey to find her. Then Naruto and I began to walk Tsunade to the hospital.

"Bye Shikamaru!" I waved at him, and he waved back.

While we were on the streets, I ran into my squad.

"(Y/N), we heard you were here and we had to come to see you!" Kyo exclaimed, putting his arm around me.

I laughed, "Hey guys!"

Wakako didn't say anything, she was too busy staring at Tsunade in wonder. "Y-You're Tsunade!?" She exclaimed.

Tsunade looked over at her in mild shock. It wasn't everyday a kid recognizes someone who hasn't been in the village in a while. Wakako had stars in her eyes as she gazed up at the woman.