Revival

Chiyo-baasama winced as she was placing chakra in Gaara. "I don't have enough chakra..." she muttered to herself. 

I could feel my heart sink slightly. My chest felt tight already. There was a chance that Gaara could survive and come back from the dead! It hurt to know that one of my friends was dead. All because of Akatsuki. 

Just from thinking of them, I could feel my sadness disappear. Instead, a boil of anger replaced it. They seemed to take everything away from the people closest to me. Just knowing they were out there alive filled me with a resolve to hunt them down. To make sure that they never hurt my friends again. It took everything to hold my anger back as I focused on Gaara.  

Naruto went up to Chiyo-baasama to help. "Use my chakra, baachan!"

He placed her hands over Chiyo-baasama's, and she was using his chakra to help put her life force in Gaara. She spoke to us, "I'm very happy that I can meet such shinobi like you all. This world is run by foolish people, but it's comforting to know that there are people like you. In my past, everything I did was mistake after mistake. I was the one who sealed the bijuu in Gaara.

"But now in the end, I feel like I can make things right. Now, I'm sure that the Sand and Konoha will have a different and more peaceful ending." Chiyo-baasama looked at Naruto. "I have no doubt that after you become Hokage, that you will be able to change the world for good."

She then looked at Sakura. "Sakura, next time instead of risking your life for an old woman like me, you should protect those most important to you. You'll be a great kunoichi like your master." Then she turned to me, "(Y/N), from what I've seen from you, you truly care for others, no matter what their past is. I know that you'll cause great things in the future."

I looked at her and smiled softly, "Thank you, Chiyo-baasama."

Chiyo-baasama returned her gaze to Naruto. "I have one last request for you, Naruto. You are the only person who knows Gaara's suffering. So please help Gaara for me."

Then, I gasped as I saw Gaara's eyes flutter open. I couldn't contain my happiness, and I flung my arms around him. "You're alright..." I startered to cry softly out of happiness for my friend. 

For a moment, I felt that we beat Akatsuki at their own game. It showed hope that we could fight back. 

"(Y/N)...?" Gaara's eyes widened. 

Naruto stepped up to him. "Everyone was rushing to come and save you." He gestured to the hundreds of Sand Ninjas who just arrived around us. They were smiling and cheering that their Kazekage was alright.

"We were so worried about you." I told Gaara, finally letting go of him. 

He stared at me with flushed cheeks. "You...were worried about me?"

Naruto interjected, "'Course we were!"

Temari and Kankuro ran to Gaara. "How are you feeling?!" Temari asked, her voice full of concern. Gaara winced as he tried to stand up. Temari helped him up. "You shouldn't strain yourself to much. Your body's not back in full health yet!"

Gaara turned to us. "Naruto, (Y/N), thank you."

Naruto smiled softly, "The person you should thank is the old lady, she save you with her medical ninjutsu."

That reminded me of Chiyo-baasama and I ran over to her side. Sakrura was holding onto her tightly tears streaming down her cheeks. Ebizou-jiisama walked over to them, his expression sad. Naruto was still oblivious to this all. "She's just passed out right now, but when she wakes up—"