Mission Failure

I sank to the ground, tears forming in my eyes. I failed to get him back again. And I saw him the most. I had the most interaction with him. Why am I so weak?! I can't even get my friend back from the darkness!

Naruto didn't look as good either. He was already crying softly in his own little corner.

"Crying won't get Sasuke back to us!" Sakura exclaimed, and I glanced up at her. Despite saying this, tears were flowing down her cheeks.

"You have at least six months," Sai said suddenly. "And three is better than two. Or well, in this case four is better than two." 

He gave us a real smile. I sniffed and made my way to him. "Thanks, Sai." I said, pulling him into a big hug. And before I could contain myself, I started to break down on his shoulder. I felt Sai stiffen beneath me, but he tried patting my back in a somewhat comforting gesture. This made me smile a bit. I started to giggle.

"What?" Sai asked. 

I moved out of his arms. "You're too cute, Sai." I giggled, squeezing his cheek. He looked at me with wide eyes before smiling back.

I sniffed again, and stood up. I looked down at Naruto and Sakura, "C'mon guys. Let's go home."

Naruto stood up next to me.

"Yeah, let's go home."

......

We were all standing in The Hokage's office, relaying the events of our mission. Tsunade was listening intently as we each gave our point of view. Of course I left out some of the more...personal memories, but I tried to tell as much as I could to Tsunade.

"We're not giving up." Naruto said, determined. 

Tsunade smiled briefly. "Alright then. I have another mission for you guys. (Y/N), you can leave now. I think Enya and Kyo have returned from their mission yesterday, you might be able to see them."

I nodded and started to leave the office. I went over to the only place I could think that Enya and Kyo would be after a mission. Luckily, my hunch was right and I saw their figures over at Ichiraku's Ramen Stand. I arrived at the stand and sat next to them. Wakako was also there, sitting on the other side of Kyo. She was talking animatedly at him when I came.

"Hey!" I waved at them, sitting at the empty seat in the middle of Enya-sensei and Kyo. 

Kyo immediately turned around to me, cutting Wakako off. "Hey, (Y/N)!" He said.

"Did you just get back from your mission?" Enya-sensei asked. I nodded. 

They looked at me, "Well? What happened? Is Sasuke back!?"

At the mention of his name, my expression dropped. I left the question unanswered. Everyone realized what probably happened. "You'll get him next time." Enya-sensei patted my back. I sighed, "I don't think so..."

"Don't give up!" Kyo exclaimed, "I'm sure that once he kills Itachi he'll be back."

Wakako sniffed and glanced at me. She didn't say anything, but instead stood up. "I need to be at Tsunade-sama's right now."

Then she left. I frowned as she disappeared in the crowd. "What's her deal?" I asked the two boys. They looked at each other before shrugging. "So how was the mission this time, fellas?" I asked the two.

Enya-sensei sighed, "Same as ever. Just small missions that have no action at all." Kyo nodded in agreement. "We should go on a mission sometime, (Y/N)." Kyo included. "Just the two of us." He winked at me.