The Secret Art of the Hanninzowa Clan

My eyes sparkled brightly at my Grandparents, "The... secret art?"

"Hai, you're old enough now to learn it." Grandma told me. "Let's go to the wooded area behind the house. We'll tell you more there."

I followed her and Grandpa out to the forest behind the house. I couldn't contain my excitement. I would be learning a new power and I liked the idea of getting more powerful. Then, I would be able to do something if an scenario similar to what happened with Orochimaru ever occus.

"What's the secret art?" I asked Grandma hastily. Grandpa put his finger to his lips, playfully. "Shh. You're so loud. We don't want the secret to be let out."

I giggled and copied his movement, putting my finger on my lips. "Okay~"

We went further and further into the woods. It was very peaceful out there. The trees were towering over us and many exotic plants surrounded us. It was definitely far from where people could see and hear. Maybe this is why we were walking so far, so that I wouldn't bother the outside world.

But we ended up walking longer and longer and I began to become tired.

"Are we there yet?" I complained as I stepped over the millionth log. Grandma chuckled. "Just wait a little longer."

How long is a little longer... I sighed internally. I shook my head. No, my Grandparents are taking the time to train me. I should at least be grateful. Finally, after what seemed like forever, Grandpa and Grandma stopped. "We're here."

We were standing in a field that looked similar to those at the training fields. The difference was that in the middle was a big, sparkling blue lake. It shimmered like diamonds as the sunlight hit it. Grandma smiled as I gazed at the scene in awe.

"Here we are. Well, now, we can begin." Grandma said. She sat down on the ground, patting the grass next to her. I sat down next to her, and Grandpa continued to stand. "I prefer to stand." He told us with a smile.

Grandma continued to talk, "First, in order to use this secret, you must be able to become one with nature, to become one with the elements. The good thing is you have this covered already. To be able to use our kekkei genkai this is the first thing you learn."

I flashbacked to the times when Mom and Dad would have me sit in the backyard of our house, and block everything out except the sound of the elements. They had me do this every day until I was able to call on the power of the elements.

"I remember learning that," I smiled softly at the memory. They were really proud when I was able to do it.

"So we get to skip that step since you have it covered." Grandma said as she reached into her pocket. She pulled out four scrolls. They were gold, silver, white and black. "Each scroll represents an element. Gold is fire, silver is water, white is wind and black is earth. As you might have realized, gold and silver go together as do fire and water. Same with black and white, and air and earth. These scrolls hold different jutsus of each element. And the reason that the colors are paired together is because you can combine the jutsus. For example, you can combine a fire and water jutsu from the scrolls. You can also combine outside the pair, like fire and earth, but the end result won't be as powerful."

She handed me the scrolls. I fingered them carefully in my hands as if I was holding the most important object in history. In some way I was. "So am I going to be learning the jutsus in the scrolls?" I asked Grandma.

She nodded. "Yes, however, they are a secret art, because it takes up so much chakra, you can't use as many. But to make up for it, the end result is a very powerful attack. As you grow, you'll be able to use more and more jutsus in a row, but it takes many years. So, this isn't a onetime training. We'll be training you on this quite often to see where your strength is. This will also help you determine how many times you can use the jutsus.