Chapter 39

Hey Everybody

So this chapter would have been the end of Hunted and the start of the new book... but i guess after this chapter is were the fun begins :D

xoxo

Steph 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Recap)

I thought back to when he had first seen me in that room, how sad and then angry he was. He walked up to me, taking in all the bruises as well as the too short white dress I was still wearing. He wanted to touch me but I pulled away from him.

He balled his hands up and said two words we’re leaving.

“it’s okay. All that matters was that you did the right thing in the end. I’m sorry you had to kill your father, but I’m also happy you saved me… us.” I said while he said nothing just continued on his task.

Then it occurred to me, if Quinn didn’t know about the council and their bad dealings, then how many more didn’t know? How many more were being deceived by the council? We could enlighten them and maybe we could gather more forces, stop the council before the great gathering, stop the war before it happens. I needed to get a hold of Hunter and let them know.

“Do you have a phone I can use?”

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 39

Snow’s POV

I woke up in a void of confusion, the room I was in was warm, the bed I was in was soft, but I still knew that I was in the cold hell of the council. I opened my eyes to a darkened room, the memory of the dream if you could call it that was still fresh in my mind.

I had awakened in the forest, my forest in the heart of winter, with the frozen willow trees gently swaying to a frigid cold breeze. There was many times that I had wished to go back there, to go back to the time before all this … loss had happened, but then I wouldn’t have met Hunter or any of the friends I have or seen Jake again. I tried not to think that I would never have suffered the loss of losing him again as well.

I walked under the swaying branch; the sunlight glittered off the icicles of the trees, giving a dream like atmosphere.

I stood at the edge of the frozen lake staring out at nothing. I knew this wasn’t a dream, I knew what was about to happen, who I was about to see… but she never came. Instead I heard a voice I thought I would never hear again.

“Hey Cub.” I turned around and choked back a sob.

“Annabel?” I said my voice breaking.

“In the flesh… well sort of.” She said walking out towards me a carefree smile on her face.

“You’ve been busy while I was gone.” She said stopping next to me.

“Y-you’re here.” I said still not believing what was happening.

“Well not really, you’re here with me, but not for long… it’s not your time just yet.”

“W-what do you mean?” I asked not really getting what she was saying.