Chapter 63

(recap)

"Any ideas? You wouldn't happen to have a key for that door?" Hunter asked as we hide beside a house. We both stared at the massive doors and what he said made me think of Sammy's note.

"Your empathy is the key to all. Empathy, Empathy..." I muttered through our link.

"What are you thinking?" Hunter asked

"I have an idea, but I think I'm going to need your help." I said playing the idea in my head and Hunter viewed the plan as it played out in my mind and his smile broadened.

"It's brilliant."

"Let's do it." I whispered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 63

Snow's POV

The plan was simple, use my empathy power to sway them to our side. With only twelve guards and Hunter's help, this should be easy as apple pie. I was about to step out when a bus load of guards were dropped off.

"The hell? Where did they come from?" I asked stepping back out of sight.

"Jacque must have heard about the success of our attack and the loss of the human cattle or offering and got scared. Ordered more men for his protection." Hunter said with disgust.

"We better get going before he calls more men and we're-" I said getting up and ready to march over to the ever growing crowd, but was cut off when Hunter pulled me back.

"Snow I'm not too sure about this. There's too many of them."
"And more will come if we just sit here."

"What about the Hounds Snow? How can we sway them to reason?"

"Well er... if we sway the guards then we can sway the hounds, if not then I'll use one of my many abilities." I said with a wink and before Hunter could stop me I was out and walking casually towards the guardian fighters.

I heard Hunter cursing behind me as he rushed to catch up to me and move slightly in front of me.

I watched as almost as one they noticed my approached and they tensed, holding the hounds at the ready to attack.

I reached deep, trying to grab one of my core powers, a power I seldom touched since I was cursed with the mimic power. I felt something in the pit of my stomach, hoping it was the power I wanted and not some power that makes people speak in riddles or something that forces people to do the Harlem Shake, I took a deep breath and steeled my nerves. What was that saying? Fake it until you make it, well here goes nothing.

"Hold up guys. Now I know what you are thinking, "she's here to kill me!' Well that's not true. Believe it or not I'm here for Jacque. He is the one I want, He is the one that is hurting people, he is the one hurting humans he is the one turning family members in hounds. How many of your family were taken? How many of your friends, sisters, daughters, wives... will we lose? The men that has taken all those people, in the name of the 'Council', those that have been wronged and hurt all in the name of the 'Cause' comes to an end today. We are more than a race that needs to be extinguished and controlled, we are more than animals that needs a master. We know the difference between right and wrong and what is going on here is wrong." I said pausing to take in the expressions of the men. They have seemed to realize what Jacque was all about, it was that or my power was really doing a number on them.