Chapter 34

Hey everybody,

Don't you just love the smell of freedom :)

I have finished my studies and I'm once again free to write. 

Enjoy chapter 34

Steph ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(recap)

“I don’t want this.” I said staring at his open hand in desperation.

“It’s not what you want, it’s what’s good for the Lyken race.” Said Elder Westwood.

“And killing the humans is what’s good for the Lykens?.”

“Securing our future, to no longer live in the shadows and helplessly stand by as humans slaughter our kind. This is what is good for the Lykens. Freedom and peace is what we want. Now come Emmaline, or you’ll force me to break my word to you.” Jacque said not once raising his voice, even though I could tell he was getting anxious to get this thing done.

I shakily took a step towards him, but I didn’t take his hand. I didn’t want this and it was no secret, but he kept his hand out, patiently waiting for me to take his hand.

“Take his hand Emmaline.” Said Elder Westwood.

I looked over to Jacque, at his open hand held out to me. I slowly lifted my shaky hand towards his. My mind was screaming for me to stop, to pull my hand away and just run. Run far and run fast away from here.

His open hand promised the world, and within it anything I wanted, but what I truly wanted he could never give me and I knew that everything he said and done was a lie and that I should never trust him.

As I inched closer to his hand, I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and placed my hand in his. I felt his warm hands wrap around mine, heating my cold hands, and making my skin crawl.

“Now let us begin.” Elder Westwood said

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 34

I stared down at my hand, the hand I had made the deal with, the one that Jacque gently held in his, the one I had sworn over.

The words playing over and over in my head.

I, Jacque Chevalier swear to release Emmaline von Hollen and her friends if she successfully completes her trial and so long as she does not try to escape, harm herself intentionally or harm the men under me without proper cause.” Jacque said starring right into my eyes. I wanted to throw up, it felt like a wedding vow, the last thing I’ve ever wanted while held in captivity.

“Now you Emmaline. Repeat after me.” Elder Westwood said.

“I, Emmaline von Holen, swear to abide Elder Jacque Chevalier in all his wishes. I will not try to escape, I will not speak ill against him, I will not try to kill him and I shall defend him against all who wish to harm him. I will win the war for him so long as he abides by his oath.”

I, Emmaline von Holen, swear to abide Jacque Chevalier in all his wishes, so long as its reasonable. I will not try to escape, I will not speak ill against him, I will not try to kill him if the opportunity arises. I will win his stupid war for him so long as he abides by his oath, and I will do all this after the trail and only if he never uses his powers on me or against me again.” I had my own interpretation of this dumb deal, which I had promptly gotten glared at by both Jacque and Elder Westwood, but what could they do, a deals a deal.