Chapter 29

(Recap)

I grabbed hold of the basin as I tried to reach out to Hunter but it had only gotten worse. My nose started bleeding and the blue veins reached up to my eyes and bled out across the whites of my eyes. What the hell was wrong with me?

I stopped and looked at myself in the mirror, I had grown pale and blue veins were everywhere, snaking it’s way up and down my body. It was the collar, it was somehow preventing me from shifting and using the link to Hunter.

“What is up with these stupid collar? What sort of magic is this?” I asked Alexis and after trying and failing to shift my nails into claws so that I could claw this thing off of me.

“It’s not magic… well its part magic part science. The collar is how they control us. It’s what makes us powerless. Every time we try to use our ability against our captors or to free ourselves we weaken ourselves. We are trapped here; you are now a part of the collection. If I were you, I would save my strength, because the head Elder didn’t look like he was done with you just yet.”

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 29

Hunter’s POV

What's going on?” I yelled through the link to Nathan. I could hear screams of pain and gun shots just beyond the tree line. It sounded like a mini war was going on, the sounds would attract attention, attention we could not afford.

“Please tell me that’s not you fighting.” I said to Nathan. He was in no condition to take on an army not to mention he had Rose with him and that just didn’t sit well. He never had time to reply as I broke through and stopped dead in my tracks.

The other’s had done the same even Nick stood mouth hanging open as he watched the spectacle in front of us.

“Is that… Jake?” Damien asked shock coating his voice.

“Jake. But how? It – It can’t be.” I said as we all stood on the sidelines watching what appeared to be Jake fight off a seemingly small army of the guardian enforcer’s.

He looked the same, same jet black hair, same dark eyes as Snow except that he was just a bit bigger, more muscle and had seemingly adopted a fixed angry expression on his face. His clothes were worn, nothing but torn and tattered bits of cloth barely covering his body. They had a few bullet holes and his eyes shone the bright red color of the hellhound.

He moved so fast, his movements were a blur; his strength was enormous as he swept through the skilled fighters like they were nothing but ants on the sidewalk.

I watched speechless as he slammed his fist into a guy’s chest, breaking every bone in his torso; I watched as he  plucked a hellhound off the ground like it was a daisy and threw him into a tree, making the tree splinter and fall onto nearby guardians.

That strength… that power… he had killed them with his bare hands and the council had an army of them.

Another guardian shot him  in his shoulder and he didn’t even flinch as he ran for the guy and crushed the gun in his hands and in one smooth move, tossed the twisted metal over his shoulder and grabbed the terrified guy with one hand, crushing his neck in his hand like a used up soda can.

When there was no-one left to kill he turned his attention on us and stalked right up to me. I wasn’t sure what to expect, he still wore that angry scowl on his face and his bloody hands were clenched tightly.