Chapter 56

(Recap)

"You and your beta should go then and retrieve his mate and then make your way to the Kings Hall. You can make arrangements with Mr. Halloworth on how to get there as fast as possible." Alpha Black added.

"Thank you alpha's, if you don't mind I will go check on my beta and inform him of all you have told me." Hunter said standing up and I followed his lead.

They wished us well and we were out the door before you could say, "See ya."

When we were out of ear shot I leaned in, "Hunter, will all of us be coming? Should we appoint someone to stay behind, maybe Nathan or Damien. Who should stay behind?"

"None of them."

"None? But won't it look bad with our new allies if we all bail?"

"That's why we're all not coming."

"I don't understand. Then who's not coming with?"

"You are."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 56

"Excuse me?" I asked, a slow anger building.

"You are staying here Snow. The guys and I will find Jessica and then you can meet us there."

"Meet you there?" I sputtered. He did not just say those words. I have not been gone for so long that he had actually said I should ~ shudder 'Stay Here'.

"Have you knocked your head or maybe your split personality is getting to you because I'm not going to stay here." I said stepping in front of him and stopping his steady walk towards what looks to be our room.

"Snow please listen to me and stay here." Hunter said pulling me into a quiet corner when someone walked passed.

"What do you mean stay here? I can't stay here, I'm the best there is out there. I don't mean to sound toot my own horn here, but I could take anybody on and win eyes closed and hands behind my back." I angrily whispered back.

"There is nothing more I would love than to have you at my side."

"Then tell me why I can't come with you?"

"Because." Hunter said scratching the back of his neck.

"Because isn't an answer Hunter." I said watching him sigh as he looked around.

"Come on." He said pulling me towards our room and checking around for anyone before he closed the door.

"No one around. Are you ready to tell me why I can't accompany you to Wolf Creek?" I asked folding my arms and waiting impatiently on a reply.

"Emma please don't take this the wrong way but well um..."

"Spit it out Hunter, I'm a big girl I can handle whatever lame excuse you're going to come up with."

"Well um...You seem to be having trouble... controlling yourself." Hunter said all in a single breath.

"It's only a minor issue. A small set back." I replied a little embarrassed about the whole situation. I didn't like the fact that I couldn't control myself and I think I like it even less that Hunter knew that I was having this stupid problem.

"Emma, if you come with us and you lose control over your power while we are sneaking through the town, you could not only endanger the mission but our whole secret operation. We're not supposed to be there and if we're discovered we could blow the whole surprise attack on the council happening after the rescue in a couple of weeks." Hunter Said looking sad.