Chapter 45

(recap)

He slammed the door and we both ran, calling out to the others to run as well.

We ducked behind a mound of snow, and I positioned Emma away from the blast, shielding her from the explosion.

There was a loud bang and the door burst off the hinge, nearly hitting one of the prisoners.

“Where the hell did you get a grenade?” I asked Jake after the blast.

“I borrowed it from one of the guards. Did you not just see me throw it back at him?” He said casually as he stood dusting off the snow from his blood soaked coat.

I stayed sitting on the ground gazing with wonder at the precious bundle I held in my arms. I had my mate back, she was in my arms, “I’m never letting you go Emma… never again.” I swore softly to her as I kissed the top of her head. “You’re free now.”

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 45

Sammy’s POV

“How much longer are they going to take?” I asked about the hundredth time, pacing the confines of a nearby cave that was for the past four hours our hideout.

“They’re fine Samantha.”

“Then why aren’t they back yet? One’s a full wolf and the other is a hellhound, they’re like the freaking duo from hell? Why aren’t they back yet?”

“I don’t-“

There was a loud bang that nearly brought a cave in; Quinn was at my side in a nanosecond.

“What was that?” He asked pulling me out of the cave before it collapsed on us.

“Snow.” I said when I got a glimpse of the smoke in the distance.

Without waiting on Quinn I dashed towards the plume of white and soon spotted a group of people.

I slowed down not knowing if they were friendly, but judging by their battered bodies and torn clothes, I would say they were more or less on our side, but that didn’t stop Quinn as he grabbed my arm and pulled me out of sight.

“What the-”

“We don’t know who those people are. It could be a trick Samantha.” He whispered close to my ear.

“Trick or not, Snow might be one of them. I need to make sure.” I said peeking out from our little hiding spot on the ground and soon I spotted Jake standing. A man tried to approach him but he just growled and said “Go away.” Then walked towards where the explosion had occurred.

I saw movement and spotted Hunter on the ground, holding Snow tight against his chest.

“They’re here.” I said jumping out and rushing towards them, I faintly heard Quinn shouting for me to slow down but I couldn’t.

Snow was free and they were all safe… but who are these other people? Never mind

“HUNTER! Hunter is everything ok?” I shouted as I rushed over to them. I noticed Snow was unconscious as I neared and I was beginning to worry.

“She’s okay. We need to move.” Hunter said gently lifting Snow up, cradling her unconscious form against him.

I watched as some blood smeared across Snow’s cheek, as Hunter held her against him. I then noticed that Jake wasn’t the only one covered in blood. What the hell went on down there? Are these two together really that formidable a force that they stormed a stronghold of a powerful Lycan and came out triumphant? How long would there triumph last?