Chapter 64

(recap)

"Please Hunter. Let's go." I said feeling myself trembling. The memory of the vision played over in my mind and I kept seeing Hunter's lifeless body in my arms. We shouldn't have come here.

"Come out Emmaline. Come to me." Jacque said and I let go of Hunter and felt myself turning. I tried not to, I tried so hard that I shook with the effort and I looked up at Hunter and he must have seen my fear in my face, because his face contorted into anger and he stepped out beside me, tensed to attack.

"What are you doing to my mate?" Hunter asked Jacque, stepping in front of me to protect me.

"Nothing, it's what she actually did to herself."

"What do you mean?"

"The oath. It works even if Elder Westwood is dead and the collar helps with the controlling. I'm glad you've kept it on." Jacque said and I wanted to kick myself. What had seemed like a good way of controlling my powers was backfiring on me.

Hunter's anger grew and he was about to attack Jacque when Jacque said, "Stop him from hurting me Emmaline. Protect me."

"No, no, no." I whispered as I found myself in front of Hunter blocking his way to Jacque. I couldn't control myself.

I looked at Hunter and realized that he was in this alone and that he was going to die today.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 64

(Hunter's POV)

I saw the minute Jacque took control over her, the way her body trembled, the way she fought against his command, she couldn't control it. There was only one other time I had seen true fear on my mates face and that was the night she had lost her brother and I had promised myself that she would never feel fear like that again, and when she looked up at me with that same fearful look, it was all I could do to not rip Jacques throat out.

She positioned herself in front of me, blocking me from getting to Jacque, "Hunter I'm sorry" She whispered through her mind, her mind at least was free from his command and I watched as she swung out at me. I dodged her blow and tried to get around her by capturing her fist and swinging her away, but it was no use.

"You need to knock me out Hunter. It's the only way." She said fighting harder to keep me from him when I took a step towards him.

I watched as Jacque smiled lovingly at my mate and I roared with anger. He noticed and his smile broadened.

"You know, I know everything about Emmaline, from her deepest darkest fears to the happiest moments."

"Things you had forced her to reveal to you." I said dodging another one of Snow's blows.

"I also know every inch of her right down to that cute little mole on her left butt cheek. Now that I didn't have to force. " He said and looked over at my mate with possession.

This beast had seen my mate... without her clothes, seen her bare and I was not there to protect her, to prevent this fiend from abusing her.

My head swung to Snow and her cheeks were blazing red from shame.

"When did he see you?" I asked trying for calm and failing.

"It's not important now." Snow said as the blush deepened.

"It's not important. Snow he saw you. You expect me to-"

"Hunter shut up and look out." I was cut off by her scream, when I turned and just about spotted Jacque pulling a gun and ducked behind a statue.