Chapter 60

(recap)

"Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock..." She muttered as she begun to shake violently.

"Samantha? What happened to her? What have you done?" Quinn asked rushing straight over to her.

"What I did? I did nothing. What is happening to her?" I asked freaking out at the state of my friend. I had never seen her do this before.

"Samantha. Wake up, I'm here, wake up." Quinn said picking her up and holding her tight to his chest and almost immediately she stopped shaking.

"Tick, tock, tick, tock..." She muttered, her eyes tightly shut.

"Snow would you give us some time alone?"

"But-"

"Please?"

"O-okay. Call me if you need anything." I said as I left them.

"Sure." Quinn replied distractedly and I shut the door.

That was weird, even for Sammy and what does tick, tock mean?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 60

Cole's POV

I woke up screaming in a room that smelled of blood and sweat and the worst part was that it was all mine.

The first face I saw was Nick's, he was shouting out orders to some unseen person in the back. I vaguely heard a response and I saw Ryan appear with a huge bundle of towels.

The last few hours rushed back to me and I recalled the picture I had found in Jessica's shoe. We needed to find her, we needed to make sure she was safe.

"Pocket... need to find her." I coughed out and pointed to my right pants pocket.

Nick's brow furrowed for a moment, then what I had said dawned on him and he didn't waste a moment to get it. I saw that it was covered in blood and hoped that they could still make out the image.

Ryan was next to him and leaned over to have a better look at what Nick was holding.

"What is it?"

"It's Jessica and her family. This must be where they are at. Take this to the scouts and tell Damien to go with them." Nick said and Ryan gave a curt nod but before he could rush off I stopped him.

"No, I need to go." I said trying to get up.

"Cole you aren't strong enough." Nick said as he carefully pushed me back down.

"I don't trust them. You go, I can't trust those people. I don't know them."

"Cole, I can't go. I need to take care of you Ryan and Damien will go."

"No, you all go... dangerous." I said thinking about the hellhounds and the mysteriously missing people from the town.

"I can't go and neither can Nathan. We need to take care of you and Hunter." Nick said trying to make me understand, but I couldn't. The worry for my mate was overwhelming me.

"We'll find her Cole, you just relax okay. You tensing isn't helping the situation much." Ryan said trying to calm me down.

"NO! It's not safe." I screamed, the strain causing more blood to rush out of me and making me cough an ugly rattling sound.

Jake's POV

"What the hell where they thinking? Taking on Hunter in freaking full wolf? Do they have a death wish? Duh, obviously. If I hadn't been around who knows how this would have played out." Talking to myself as I paced in front of the fire place.