Chapter 54

Hi All,

So here it finally is a short update since... well forever. Sorry it had taken so long but a lot has happened to me personally that left little to no time free for me. Sometimes life as an adult can really suck monkey balls, but what ya gonna do?

Anyway, instead of bore you with my life story read the new chapter and please read my other books, I promise they're really good :)

See ya hopefully soon.

xoxo

Steph

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

(recap)

He gently laid me back down and pulled off his warm vest, exposing his perfectly sculptured abs and well defined pecks.

I sat up and placed a kiss right over his heart and I couldn't help smiling when I heard it speed up at the contact.

He lifted my head to place a warm kiss on my lips before untying my bra.

"Are you sure you're okay with me. I can't control him and he might come out when we're... busy."

"I'm sure Hunter... it is still you after all." I said gently placing my hand over his heart.

He picked it up and kissed the inside of my palm and gently laid it down as he reached for my vest, then there was no more talking after that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 54

I was on a familiar snowy hill overlooking a burning house.

"No... not again." I whispered as I watched the familiar scene play out. The putrid smell of burnt flesh clung to the cold morning air.

"Why do you keep bringing me here?" I shouted to the sky, but Diana hadn't shown up this time.

I sighed heavily as I watched Jacque ran out of the woods, screaming at the sight, a heart wrenching scream, "NOOOOoooo, oh dear god no. My family." Expecting my heart to ache for him just as it always had whenever I saw this, and of running or turning away, this time I only watched on in sadness. Already knowing what was about to happen.

He fell to his knees in front of the blaze, his shoulders shook with his grief.

"AAARRRRGGGHHH!" He screamed to the sky, cursing the gods, cursing his existence, and the way he was made. I was pulled closer to him, close enough to hear him speaking to himself; this wasn't like the other times when I had watched from a distance. I was right in front of him; close enough to hear his raspy breathes wheezing passed his raw throat.

"All my brothers of old have fallen. It is just me and now you take away the last good in my life." He wept as he picked up the hanky that his wife mended for him, the one with their names as well as their children's names on it with an infinity symbol above it. He dropped to his knees, dropping his head into it and cried, uncaring that the humans could come back for him. In fact he hoped they would, prayed to whoever would listen that he would be struck down just as those of his family and friends... just as his dearly loved ones.

I stood there watching him cry in anguish, and with my empathy power I could feel his pain, not like it was before when I was an outsider looking in. I felt every rawness of his emotion, the sadness, hopelessness; helplessness. I felt his soul being ripped apart as he realized what had been done.