Chapter 8

(Recap)

"I know, but i'm not ready just yet. Give me time Sunshine." He whispered as he pushed my hair behind my ears.

"Fine, but we really need to have this talk okay." He nodded his head and we dropped it and silently left the booth.

Hunter said nothing all the way home, he seemed deep in thought, sometimes his eyes flashed blue like he had a bad thought, then he would take deep breaths and it would go back to his forest green color. I sometimes caught him looking at me with longing, and hunger and I would melt on the inside, not really knowing what to do, or how to react to him. So I would just turn away and ignore it to get my mind off Hunter. I just hope Sammy's at home so she can tell me what is up with Quinn, and what does he know and if he knows what I think he knows... then we're screwed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8

The next morning I sprang out of bed and rushed to Sammy’s room. I had tried to stay up and wait for her but yesterday was exhausting and I fell asleep on the couch watching a documentary on buildings, I know it wasn’t the best choice to stay awake, but it was that or watching some brat nagging about her birthday cake not being pink enough. Hunter must have carried me to my bed, because I have no memory of how I got there. I pushed open her bedroom door and saw that her bed was still made, meaning that she hadn’t even came home last night. I started to panic and rushed to my room, what if Quinn got to her? What if she was in some sort of trouble and unable to call for help, I was about to wake Hunter up, when my phone started ringing the song Everyday is exactly the same by nine inch nails, opening with “I believe I can see the future…”. I scrunched my face up.

That wasn’t my ring tone… then it hit me, it must be Sammy.

I rushed over and answered, “Sammy is that you?”

“Sup Snow, just letting you know that I’m safe, and not to wake Hunter up for nothing.”

“Where have you been?” I didn’t even bother asking her how she knew I was about to wake Hunter. We were already passed the how did you know? Stage of our friendship.

“Sunshine who are you talking to?” Hunter asked groggily from the bed without raising his head.

“To Sammy, go back to sleep.” I said to him then walked out of the room, all the way to Sammy’s room closing the door behind me.

“Like I asked, where have you been? Where are you now? What is this crap with Quinn knowing something? Does he know about us? What does-”

“First… Hey I’m good, I’m currently eating blueberry waffles at Peets Diner, which by the way is situated in three towns over, while drinking a wonderfully delicious chococino, and as for last night I was out… obviously. You should try their waffles its-” Before she blabbered on about the diners stupid waffles I cut in.

“Sammy, does Quinn know about us?”

“Maybe, maybe not… it’s hard to tell. Do you think he’ll suspect anything if he saw my eyes change to my wolves color?”