Chapter 40

Hello my lovies,

So I've been sick with the mother of all flu's. Down for a week and when i healed up, i had to play catch up at work and let me tell you... 2 days out equals a week of extra work. Mainly because some smart-ass tries to do what you do and messes up your system and steals your paper tray :(

Listen tray thief, I don't know who you are, but Jesus was watching, and when I find out who has my tray... somebody is going to get a hurt real bad  :(

Anyway.... I got a little (a lot) carried away with writing this chapter, sooooo it's a tad long. I still need to read over it so let me know if anything's off with this one. I wanted Hunter and Jake's meeting to be just perfect for this chapter... kind of leading the way into the war... what am i doing, you'll see.

Hope ya'll enjoy it ;)

Steph

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(recap)

“You had saved my mate on more than one occasion, saving you now is the least I can do.” Quinn said smiling encouragingly at me.

Before I could say anything in response I was pulled backwards by an invisible force.

Sammy and Quinn were flung away from me. When I glanced back I saw that it was Alexis and she wore a brand new bruise on her head as well as what looked to be a broken nose.

“RUN!” I yelled at them, but they ran for me.

The tunnel quaked again and ice rained down in front of me, forming a wall of ice, separating Quinn and Sammy from me.

I shielded my face as debris settled around us; before I could do anything I felt something sharp in my neck and turned around to see Alexis with an empty needle. Realization hit me like a freight train; I was drugged and captured again.

“Sorry Lady Elder, but not today.” Alexis said as her face faded out to darkness.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 40

Sammy’s POV

“SNOW! SNOW. No, no, no, no… this isn’t happening. This isn’t happening.” I said trying to find a way through the huge ass wall of ice that just formed, effectively cutting us off from Snow and Alexis that bitch.

“Sammy, we need to leave. The roof is caving in.” Quinn said dodging a chunk of ice that fell from the wall.

“No, I can’t leave her. I – I have to find a way. This isn’t happening, this can’t be happening. SNOW, CAN YOU HEAR ME?” I shouted once again at the wall. I couldn’t believe it, we were free; we had escaped. “SNOW!” I shouted once again, pounding against the wall with my closed fist.

“Samantha, we need to leave. There is nothing we can do for her now.” Quinn said grabbing hold of my arm and forcing me away from the wall.

“We can’t- we have to… save her. We can’t leave her, she needs us Quinn.” I said pleading with him. His face softened as he said, “There is nothing we can do for her now Samantha. We need to leave this place, it’s caving in.”

Just as he spoke another chunk fell and we were forced to run.

The ice made it slippery and I had nearly lost my footing a few times. We ran as fast as we could dodging falling debris as it rained down all around us, nearly landing on us a few times.