Chapter 43

(recap)

I opened my eyes and saw Quinn leaning over me, worriedly pushing the hair away from my face.

Jake was still on the other side looking rather bored while he watched Quinn and myself.

“I told you not to worry, she’ll wake up.” Jake said as he carried on cleaning the fish.

“She nearly stabbed herself.” Quinn said.

“Then Hunter would have just healed her. Problem solved.” Jake said in a duh voice.

“Asshole.” Quinn muttered as he glared at him.

“The pot calling the kettle black. Classic.” Jake said in a snort. “Well I’m done.”

Jake said, gathering the cleaned fish and walked over to a mini portable gas stove. Must have been one of the supplies they had stolen.

“Are you okay?” Quinn asked ignoring Jake and focusing solely on me.

“I guess.”

“You had the vision? The one from the alley?”

“I… sort of.” I said remembering the vision from the alley, but wasn’t that about Kayla?

“How did you know?’ I asked thinking about the misty forest of dead trees.

“You were saying the same line you had that night, One must fall to save them all. What does that mean?” Quinn asked in a whisper.

“I… I don’t know.” I said getting a bad feeling about this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 43

Sammy’s POV

Hunter’s call ended and he said two words to Jake “They’re in.” Then Jake got a chilling smile on his face at whatever that meant.

We settled once again for the night and left at first light to where Jacque was holding Snow.

It was a tireless trek and we had finally reached the location at night fall.

“I didn’t even know that this place even existed.” Quinn said hiding behind the same block of ice like the rest of us.

“On a scale of knowing shit, you weren’t even register.” Jake said sarcastically.

“I can see that you’re related to Snow.”

“Because we’re both right about you being a weak ass pimple faced-“

“Can you two just shut up? I’m trying to figure out a way in.” Hunter said cutting the bickering short.

“Sammy do you see anything?” Hunter asked turning to me. I was glad that he hadn’t just ran towards the little structure yelling, “Me want mate now!”

“Sammy?” Hunter repeated impatiently.

“No I-“

I was about to say I don’t have anything, when I started getting in a mix of images.

The moon and sun, rising and setting twice, Hunter standing before Jacque, a broken voice saying “choose wolf”.

The red and green leaf falling to the ground to land in blood, wolves as far as the eye can see, aggressively lining up to face off against the hellhounds, a bird taking off in flight, a single drop of blood falling to land on a cracked white marbled floor.