Chapter 38

(Recap)

“We need to get out of here. We can loose them on shore.” Quinn said seeing the same man.

He found a paddle and began to row towards the shore.

“There’s an underground b-banker that has b-been abandoned for y-years. Hopefully no-one knows about it. We can make camp th-there tonight, heat up and then we get moving again in the m-morning.” Quinn said and I nodded looking back at the remaining boats. We were far out of danger, but at least we were free… well sort of, Snow and I still had our collars on and it looked like hers was reactivated as soon as we had left the arena. I hope this hidden bunker had a phone maybe a heater or something to warm us up.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 38

Sammy POV

We climbed to shore after what felt like a life time, but in actual fact was only ten minutes. I could hear hellhounds howling in the distance, they were going to sniff us out. Our tracks in the snow wasn’t going to help our cause either.

Quinn grabbed as much supplies out of the boat as he could, while I wrapped Snow in the space blanket.

“Psst.” I heard from somewhere behind me.

I turned and saw a strawberry blond head poking out from behind a snow drift. Alexis jumped out smiling from ear to ear hauling a huge bag over her shoulder.

She wasn’t at all what I had expected when I had first seen her, she was really small and thin with Strawberry blond curls. She had a light splattering of freckles across her cheeks; her tanned skin made it hard to see them clearly. If I had to describe her in one word it would be… cute, but with all her cuteness she was still tough as nails. She was carrying a bag and I had noticed that she had on a new jacket, maybe that was some new clothes for us to wear. The water drenched clothes was sapping our heat out faster than a freezer and I had notice that my hair had already begun to form icy bits. Her collar was still on, just as mine and Snow’s were. So we had to rely on Quinn because our physical strength was a joke with this crap on. It not only blocked our powers, but our wolf as well, meaning our Lyken strength.

“You guys made it. You need any help?” She asked jogging over to us.

“Nah I’m about done here. You got what I told you?” Quinn asked. I looked between them, my curiosity peeking as well as my suspicion.

“Yup, sure did. It was hard to get, lots of people around it, but I managed to get it and then some.” Alexis said smiling.

“What did you get?” I asked cautiously, looking between the pair.

“This.” Alexis said pulling out a bottle of clear liquid and a needle.

“W-what is that?” I asked stepping away from the pair, taking Snow with me.