Chapter 37

(Recap)

“He …helped you?” I said remembering that he was in my vision… he kicked down the door to save her. He came through

“Yes… he helped me… helped us.” She said her voice fading out. “QUINN.” She called

My eyes closed because I no longer had the energy to keep them open but I refused to sleep when I was in this much danger. I needed to stay awake to protect not only myself but Alexis and Sammy too.

“Samantha, is that…” He trailed “What have they done to her?” He whispered.

“She’s been fighting for a while. I don’t think she rested since this thing started. She’s depleted; you’re going to have to carry her.” Sammy said

I felt myself being lifted up by a pair of strong arms and gently being held. I couldn’t even fight off the hold, let alone move my head. I felt another tingle indicating that I had mimicked another power, but … Quinn didn’t have a power… did he?

“We got you Snow, we’re getting out of here. We’re going to be free.” Sammy said and I passed out.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 37

Sammy’s POV

“Quinn, this way.” I called over the cries of the people. I coughed as the choking dust blurred my vision. 

We had to move quickly, Quinn had told me that we were in the South Pole and he said that the nights were shorter seen as it was summer here. I still didn’t believe him about the summer bit, there was snow everywhere and not to mention the extreme cold.

I shoved some people out of the way; Quinn was right at my back, so close I could feel his heat.

Alexis was to meet us at the gate as soon as she had the supplies, we decided to split up to save time and get the hell out of this place, the only problem was that we didn’t know where we would go.

“Over here. I see them.” Yelled a guard, Quinn shoved me behind him as he pulled out his gun that he took off a guard and shot them.

“Hold onto me.” He called over his shoulder as he readjusted his grip on Snow.

I grabbed hold of his jacket, and he led the way forward.

There were people pushing and yelling, everything had plummeted into chaos.

“We’re nearly there.” Quinn said over his shoulder at me.