Chapter 17

Hi Every one

Sorry it took so long uploading this one. There was a few questions i wanted to answer in this chapter and i had to go back. This was mostly an explanation chapter.

Hope this answer a few questions, if not, drop me a mail and i'll explain.

See ya

Steph ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Recap)

Hunter pulled up in front of a house just outside of town. It looked to be in the process of being renovated, with the window’s boarded up and plastic sheets strewn all over. There was rubble and sand heaped up in the front along with a cement mixer.

We got out and Hunter was first to enter the building, Jessica hesitated at the entrance and I leaned in and whispered, “It’s  okay, we won’t hurt you, so long as you don’t mean us any harm.” I heard her gulp audibly, nodded and then took a huge gulp of air as she stepped into the building.

I could smell the others inside, I looked around the neighborhood which was mostly deserted, because this was a part of town that was still in development. This should be interesting, I thought to myself as I walked through.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 17

As I walked into the building I could smell Jessica’s fear, the others scents were unclear, the scent pills doing their jobs in hiding them.

I walked towards what looked to be a kitchen and spotted the whole gang there, even Rose was there with Nick, well everyone except for Rachelle. The others had informed Hunter that her condition had worsen, her depression making her anti-social and slightly deranged. Hunter was going to go and visit her next week, see if there was anything he could do.

As for Nick bringing Rose so soon after the attack, I think he felt safer having her close to him, and it would be a while before he leaves her alone again.

Jessica was in front of me just within the door, looking like she was about to bolt. I put my hand on her shoulder making her jump, I caught her thoughts as I did so,

~Who are they? They’re going to kill me. Why did I come here? Stupid, stupid.~

“Go on. We won’t bite… much.” I said, pushing her in, so that she wasn’t hiding in the shadows.

“Snow, be nice.” Hunter said, I shrugged and walked in ahead of her and then at Hunters chiding look I sighed and turned back to her to add,

“Look, don’t worry, we won’t harm you. We’re looking for the same things you are. So this is a sort of tit for tat type of thing.” I said making her swallow and nod her head.

Hunter was standing nearby and he pattered her shoulder in a sort of reassurance, which if you ask me only made her freak out more.

I turned to the other’s and nodded my head in greeting to them. I walked over to an open space beside Nathan and Damien and I noticed Cole watching Jessica closely and I glanced at Hunter, he was watching Cole with a knowing gaze.

“How you doing… Sarah and Blake?” Ryan asked looking between Hunter, myself and Jessica with a questioning looking.

Right then I caught everyone’s thoughts, they all floated into my head, filling it like I was in a crowded room with twice the amount of people in the room right now.