Chapter 47

(recap)

“So that was his true purpose for coming here.” Alpha Dean said as if he was thinking out loud.

“Yes, only because the seer is a great friend and a pack member.”

“And will his mate be joining us on the battle field?” Alpha Pere asked again with suspicion.
“No Alpha, she is with the survivors.”

“I see. You have been keeping things from us.” Alpha Dean said through thinned lips.

“So have you Alpha, but I do not force your hand as you are mine. I will reveal all in time, but for now I ask that you trust us.”

“Trust is earned not simply given. You can be lucky that I want this more than anything. We will finally meet your elusive Alpha.” He said making sure I knew that he doesn’t trust us one bit. To the rest of the men he yelled, ”PREPARE YOURSELVES BOYS, WE DO BATTLE TONIGHT.”

I let out a deep breath as I watched them cheer on the crowd walking away from me. I just hope they won’t stab us in the back on the battle field.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 47

Hunter’s POV

I watched a row of men dressed in white being pulled by white wolves. The white they wore acted as the perfect camouflage against the snow, no doubt to retain the element of surprise, and to ensure that they wouldn’t get detected as they pulled up to our little meeting spot.

It was strange seeing them arrive and knowing that they were on our side. We had been on our own for so long and having this aid still felt… wrong. They were quiet, the wolves no doubt were Lycan’s as they bounded up to us. Jake and I erected a larger mountain of snow for better coverage before we launched the attack.

I watched as three men stepped out first, each flanked by two other men. I guess these where my new partners in this war.

Cole and Damien were right behind them, as was protocol, but moved passed them when they near Jake and I, to stand behind me.

“They don’t trust us.” Cole said through the link.

I’m starting to get that feeling as well.” I said as I stretched out my senses and felt the distrust rolling off of them and the fear of being betrayed. I don’t use Snow’s power of Empathy much, but in times like these it’s good to know what sort of situation you might be walking into.

Do they know about Snow?”

“No. Ryan and Nathan are on their way as we speak to their camp. I made sure that no one was following them and told them to be on the lookout for any spies. They know that the alpha’s distrust us.”