Chapter 28

Hi All,

Had a real touch time writing this and I was going to split this into two chapters but decided that it was better to keep it one, even though its so long.

Enjoy.

Steph :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(recap)

We managed to break open his safe and found blueprints to various advanced technological gear and equipment, as well as some future projects.

I wished we had found out about him sooner, found all this sooner, and then so much wouldn’t have happened. If only I had paid closer attention to Jacque, to the clinic, instead of focusing on the Mayor and his daughter. I would have-

“Er guys I think you need to see this.” That was Nathan.

“What’s up? More guardians?” Ryan asked already stopping and pulling out a weapon.

“I’m not sure.”

“What do you mean you’re not sure?” I asked, finding his behavior strange.

“I mean I’m currently staring at a ghost and that ghost is coming straight for you.”

“You’ve got to be joking. Are you sure? Stay there, I’m coming.” Nick said, no doubt speaking to Rose, I don’t think that he realized that he spoke out loud. Whatever she said had really rattled him.

Before I could ask him anything, he ran out of the house, careful of all the traps laid about the house.

What’s going on?” Ryan asked following and I shrugged, following close behind with my weapons drawn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 28

Snow’s POV

“Snow!” The voice called at a distance, it whispered into my foggy mind. My eyelids were too heavy, my mind working slower than usual.

“Snow, wake up.” The voice called again, trying to pull me from the thick fog in my mind, making me feel like lead flowed through my veins and weighed me down.

I realized I was laying on something hard, the air cold, near freezing as if someone had stuffed me into a freezer packed with ice.

“Snow, you have to wake up before he comes back.” The voice said. The voice was getting louder, echoing off the walls, like I was in a hollow room. The sound bounced around like a ping pong ball, hurting my head even further.

“Wake up. I hear footsteps.” Said the voice, it sounded scared as it trembled, cracking at the end.

I could hear the footfalls now, stomping down a seemingly endless hallway, and still I couldn’t move, couldn’t even flutter an eyelash.

Soon the thump, thump, thump of the footsteps ended, stopping right in front of me.

“She’s still out? How many time did that moron shoot her? She should have woken by now.” Said another voice.

“I don’t know sir, he has accomplished-“

“Silence. I want her awake, if he has damaged her, he can kiss his transformation good-bye.” The voice said as it pivoted and the footsteps retreated, echoing off the walls.