Chapter 49

(recap)

The only thing I could see was the vision of Snow and Hunter laughing together as a married couple.

“There is a huge garden; in the center of it, is a sitting white wolf. Butterflies float by as their laughter fills the air.”

“Great, she’s checked out… talking about gardens with butterflies. What does that even mean? Now what do we do?” Ryan said sounding a little frustrated.

Did I say that stuff about the garden out loud? Oops.

“We do as we were commanded. We bring them back to Hunter. No-one finds out what happened today about her.” Nathan said leading the way back to the scared onlookers.

I had forgotten all about them, they will talk. The truth has a funny way of showing itself when you least expect it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 49

Hunter

“I need to get back to her.” I told Jake in private when the others were celebrating their win.

Cole, Damien, Nick and Rose where among the crowd, mingling. Rose and Nick where at first cautious when Jake and I had first gotten here but after a while they loosened up. I thought about the last time I had seen them, which was when I had just allowed my wolf to take over. They were scared, I’m not yet sure if it was for me or of me.

“Why are you telling me this?” Jake grumbled while he growled at a drunk man that passed too close to where he was sitting. The man looked so scared that it seemed he had sobered up immediately and ran away.

I had noticed that about Jake. He couldn’t stand people being too close to him, well mostly strangers.

“I’m telling you this because we had just killed the one that was hurting her, the one forcing her to do things against her will and I want to know if she is okay… if by us killing that Elder didn’t leave some negative effect on her, and as her brother I had assumed you felt the same.” I said exasperated with Jake and his lack of… well everything except anger.

“You should have asked the old fart before you tore him up and ripped off his head.” Jake said watching a nearby group of men dancing through slanted eyes.

“I have not heard from Nathan or Ryan yet.” I said as I had begun pacing.

I would have gone straight back to the camp but Jake pointed out that Nathan and Ryan would have found them already and had probably been on their way here.

“Did you try calling them?”

“No signal.”