Chapter 5

(Recap)

“Oh that I fell.”

“And he believed that?” Hunter asked unconvinced.

“You have no idea what kind of crap he’ll believe.”

I said as I climbed the stairs to my room, feeling Hunter close behind me, his hand on my waist. Lately Hunter has been temperamental and territorial, his wolf practically on the surface all the time. If he acted like this with Zeff just being here, what will he do if he ever found out that I kissed him?

Gulping, here’s hoping he never does, otherwise Zeff is as good as dead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5

Well I stayed at home the next day, not to seem weird or anything and excused myself from the clinic due to not feeling well. Hunter also stayed home, and healed me, with much protest from me. Zeff and Jacque tried to visit and both were unsuccessful thanks to Hunter. After they stopped by I had to calm Hunter down again. His shortened temper was really rubbing me the wrong way, my patience in the subject very limited, as I had anger issues of my own.

Thursday I was back at school, already dreading the day with Zeff and our supposed date the next day. Not really knowing what to expect exactly, I got into the car with Jack and sat at the back next to Sammy.

“So how’s our resident wolf sensor.”  

“Please don’t call me that. I have no wolf sense, so get over it and quickly.” I said exasperated. Why can’t they just get over it? It really wasn’t a big deal to begin with.

“Sure thing Sarah. Oh er… Luna might want a word with you.”

“Ya I bet she does.” I muttered under my breath.

We got to school and before I was even properly out of the car Zeff was there. Hunter glared at the attention Zeff rained on me, helping me carry my bag, asking how I was doing, if I needed to be carried.

“Hey Blake, Luna’s looking for you.” Zeff said cheerily,

“Whatever.” Hunter muttered and stormed off towards the schools entrance. I just shrugged it off as Hunter being his grumpy self.

“Hey what’s with him?” Zeff asked me as he stared after Hunter

“He’s just being a guy.”

“I’m a guy.” Zeff said smirking. “and I’m not even half as grumpy as he is.”

“Yea well, he comes from a recently broken home. So cut him some slack.” Like literally broken. Just thinking about Hunter’s pack and what it used to be, before I came along, made me really sad and guilty. I had to remember I wasn’t the only one that lost a lot in this war.