Zach (Requested Imagine)

Requested by: SouthSide_Serpant

   I woke up with a smile plastered on my face as the sun peeked through my white curtains.

   Today was Zach and I's one year anniversary. October eleventh!

   I got up from my bed, not even tired because of how excited I was.

   I got a little more dressed up than usual for school.

   I did my usual light makeup and curled my hair.

   I grabbed my backpack from my room and hurried down the stairs.

   Zach picks me up and drives me to school at seven forty five and it was seven forty now.

   I made myself some toast before heading out the front door, seeing Zach already parked in my drive way.

I got in the passenger seat, bucking my seat belt in.

Zach looked at my outfit, "you're very dressed up. What's the occasion?" He asked with clear confusion laced in his voice.

My stomach twisted and my heart dropped, "oh," I started. If he didn't remember I wasn't going to remind him. "I just decided to spice things up I guess," I shrugged. I'll wait until he realizes he fucked up.

We got to school and as we were walking in, Zach tried to grab my hand to hold but I pulled away, "I have to go see Jessica so I'll see you later."

"Alright babe. I love you, see you in fourth."

I walked away, not responding, and made my way over to Jess's locker.

"Heyyy love bird!" Jessica chirped, smiling brightly at me. "What do you and Zach have planned for tonight?!"

I sighed sadly, "even you remembered our one year anniversary! And you and I aren't even dating!" I threw my hands in the arm in frustration.

Jessica made an "O" shape with her mouth and her eyes widened, "Zach forgot?!" I nodded my head as tears began filling my eyes. Jessica pulled me into a hug, "honey I'm so sorry, did you tell him?"

I shook my head and wiped my tears after pulling out of her embrace, "no, I'm gonna let him figure it out on his own."

   Jess nodded and pursed her lips.

   "What?" I asked knowing she was holding something in.

   She shook her head, "nothing," she stated flatly. Then she cracked a smile, "but can we talk about how gorgeous you look?!" She said giddily.

   I smiled, "I'm pretty sure this shirt is Sheri's that I stole from her last year," I chuckled.

   "She has the memory of a gold fish I swear. Anyway, I'll see you in second, Y/N. I gotta get going cause I promised Justin I'd teach him some trig before the test." Jessica sauntered off down the hall to her math class, leaving me to walk to my chem class.

**********************

   It was now lunch and I was sat at a lunch table with Zach, Justin, Monty, Bryce, Sheri, and Jessica.

   Zach continued to try to talk to me but I continued to give him silence or one word answers.

   "You fucked up somehow, Dempsey," Justin snickered from across the table. Jessica slapped his arm scolding him for prying in our business.

   "Y/N, come on. Talk to me," Zach begged.

   I stayed silent and took a bite of my sandwich.

   "Fucking answer me Y/N! I'm getting tired of this!" Zach suddenly yelled, hitting his fist against the table.

   I flinched looking at him wide eyed, as I had never seen Zach act like that before.

   I composed myself for a moment before standing up from the lunch table.

  "Maybe if you hadn't forgot our one year anniversary, I wouldn't be ignoring you!" I yelled back, storming out of the cafeteria hearing Bryce let out a small 'oh shit' under his breath.

   I ran to my locker, packing my backpack and rushing out of the school.

   I texted my mom and told her I felt sick and was going home. She said she would call the school for me.

   I walked down the street and past the park that was close to my house.

   Once I got home, I sat down on my porch steps, setting my bag beside me and resting my head in my hands.

   I could feel my mascara smudge onto my hands and face as tears were pooling in my hands.

   The sound of a car pulling up my driveway made my head perk up from my hands. I saw Zach get out of his car with a look of guilt and sadness on his face.

   I stood up with a huff and grabbed my bag, about to go inside when Zach told me to stop.

   I turned around and watched as he walked closer to me, "I'm so sorry, Y/N. I had it marked on my calendar and everything but this past week has been so busy and stressful that I totally blanked and forgot basically everything," he rambled on. "And I know it's no excuse but I'm so so sorry and I never wanted to hurt you baby. Please forgive me?"

   I sighed wiping the tears from my eyes, probably smudging the black mascara even more.

   "I know how stressed you've been, but you're right that's no excuse." Zach lowered his head and stared at the ground. "But, I know you wouldn't intentionally forget or not care about our one year anniversary. So, I forgive you."

   Zach's head perked back up and he smiled softly. He walked up to me giving me a small but meaningful hug before pulling away and placing his hands on both sides of my face.

   "I love you, Y/N."

   "I love you too, Zach."

   "You know your mascara is running down your face right?" He laughed lightly. "You kinda look like a circus clown," he joked.

   I pouted, "well you're the one who made me look like a circus clown."

   "I know, I'm sorry," he said sincerely with a small laugh at the end. "But you're my circus clown."

   I laughed along with him, snuggling into his chest, "so what shall we do for our anniversary?"

   "Anything you want baby girl," Zach responded resting his chin on my head as he wrapped his arms tightly around me.

   "Can we go to the amusement park and then have a movie marathon at your house?" I suggested.

   "That sounds perfect. Hey! Maybe you could keep your makeup like this and blend in with the other clowns there!?"

   I smacked his arm playfully, chuckling into his chest, "you're such an asshole, Dempsey," I paused. "But, you're my asshole." I quoted him from only seconds earlier.

*************************
I'm surprised that my classes aren't hard this year. I thought they'd be a lot but they don't seem too bad right now so I hope they stay that way.
How's school going for you?