Monty (Imagine)

I love my best friend Sheri, but sometimes she just becomes too much for me too handle.

"Come on Y/N! I promise you'll love this guy!" Sheri pleaded as I was driving her back home. Sheri is trying to convince me to go on a date with some random guy she met through a friend....for the fifth time this month.

It's been four different guys in the span of a month and though I've told her that I was not interested in them and I don't want this to continue, she's introduced the fifth guy, Max.

"Sheri, I appreciate your concern for my relationship status but like I've said before, I'm not interested," I say keeping my eyes on the road and make a left turn.

Sheri sighed and I have a feeling she rolled her eyes as well, "come on, I swear you'll love Max! He's so kind and caring, hot as well may I add." I glanced at her and saw her smirking and wiggling her eyebrows.

I groaned in frustration and annoyance, "no, Sheri. You may not 'add'. Ya know why?" I paused. "Because I have a boyfriend." I lied confidently.

I stopped at the red light, giving me time to look over and see the shocked expression on her face.

"You do not! Who? And since when?"

"Montgomery," I replied as the light turned green and I began driving again.

"You mean hot ass baseball player, Montgomery?" She interrogated. I nodded in response, "there's no way. When did you start dating?"

"Last week, three days after that date with that other guy Andrew." I rolled my eyes at the memory of the horrendous date with the annoyingly self-obsessed guy Sheri set me up with. Probably the worst day of my life considering he wouldn't shut up about the one time him and his friend went up to his parents half a million dollar cottage, got wasted, went on a walk and later trashed the cottage, only to find out it was his neighbours cottage they trashed.

But don't worry, his parents paid for the eight thousand dollar repair because they have enough money to buy "the most expensive piece of shit in the world". Yes, those were his exact words.

I gladly let him pay the bill at the restaurant since obviously it was no problem for him.

"I don't believe you," Sheri says breaking me out of my train of thought.

"Fine, I'll prove it." I turned down a street that lead to Monty's house. I know where he lives because I had to do a Chem project with him last year.

I parked in his driveway and got out of my car. Sheri got out too and gave me a confused look, "where are we?"

"Monty's house," I stated. I walked up to his door, motioning for Sheri to follow. I rang the door bell and Sheri stood beside me directly behind me.

The door opened revealing Monty in a white shirt and Nike track pants.

"Hey Monty." I smiled pretending that this wasn't a completely weird situation.

"Hey Y/N? What are yo..." I cut him off when I stepped forward, grabbing his face with both hands and connecting our lips.

He didn't move at first but after a few seconds he grabbed my waist pulling me right up against him, kissing me back.

After a few more seconds we pulled apart and I smirked at Sheri, "told you we were dating."

Sheri stood there dumbfounded, "what the actual fuck...?" She mumbled.

"Anyway, Monty and I were planning on hanging out after I dropped you off," I said. "Right Monty?" I asked looking up at him, his arm wrapped around my waist still.

"Yeah." He smiled, still utterly confused.

"You can take my car to your place. Since your car is at my house I'll drop it off at your place and get my car later," I told Sheri.

She seemed to believe that I was telling the truth so she nodded, "sounds good. Have fun you two!" She smirked wiggling her eyebrows like she had done minutes before in the car.

After she drove off I turned to Monty, "I'm so sorry. She was trying to set me up on another date for the fifth time this month and I couldn't stand it anymore." I muttered.

He chuckled, "so you told her what? That you and I are dating?"

I looked down sheepishly at my feet and nodded, "yeah..." I whispered.

"I kinda like the sound of that."

My head snapped up to look at him, "what?" I asked shocked. I would be lying if I said I never thought about dating Monty.

"Wanna go out with me, Y/N?" He asked.

I smiled, "I would like that, Monty," I replied.

Right after I said those words, Monty leaned down and our lips connected once more. I placed my arms around his neck and he placed his around my waist, pulling me in again.

"Do you wanna actually stay over and we can watch Netflix or something?" He asked after we pulled apart.

I smiled and nodded in response. Monty smiled back and took my hand in his, pulling me into his house and closing the front door behind him.

************
I'm actually kinda proud of this one!