Jeff Pt.1 (Imagine)

Unhappy Ending...Also part 2+3 way after this
Jeff tries to change everything about you to be like his ex.

Y/N
Jeff and I started dating about a year ago, but recently in the past month he's been trying to change me.

He's told me to wear clothes I normally wouldn't wear, he's tried to get me to drink at parties and stuff but knows I'm not into drinking all that much. He's gotten mad at me for doing stuff I've been doing since we've met.

And I think I know why.

I've come to the conclusion that Jeff has tried to make me into his ex girlfriend Becka. She loved drinking, and wore more revealing clothes, and hated movie dates, and just dates in general. She was more into sex than she was into relationships.

I know this because I was really close friends with Jeff when Becka and him were together, I know a lot about her. They only dated for a few months but obviously that was enough for him to love everything about her.

Tonight was another day of arguing.

"Y/N WHY CAN'T YOU JUST DO THIS ONE THING FOR ME?!" He yelled from across the room.

I kept calm because I also wasn't the type that like to be the loudest in arguments, I stated my point but not harshly, "Jeff, do you not realize I do everything for you? Heck, I even tried for cheerleading because you wanted me to."

He sent me a look of disgust, "and you didn't even make it on!" I took a deep breath trying to control my anger, "because I didn't go Jeff, you know I'm not into cheerleading."

"SEE WHAT I MEAN Y/N!? YOU DON'T DO JACK SHIT FOR ME!" He screamed, "WHAT ARE YOU EVEN SAYING! WE'VE BEEN TOGETHER FOR A WHOLE YEAR JEFF! I DO EVERYTHING FOR YOU!" I yelled back.

"Keep fucking telling yourself that Y/N because lately I haven't seen that!" He scoffed,

"I'm sorry I don't like wearing slutty ass clothing, I'm sorry I don't go to every fucking party with and watch you get drunk off your ass!" I feel a tear start to roll down my cheek,"I'm sorry I ask to go on a date because we haven't in months! I'm sorry that you hate everything little fucking thing about me!"

I take a deep breath and decided to let out what I've been wanting to say for a while now, "I'm sorry that I'll never be like Becka."

He looked taken aback, "what do you mean? What has this got to do with Becka?"

"Everything you've asked, everything that I haven't done for you for the past month, is things that Becka would do." I grab my bag off of his living room floor, "but it's time for you to realize that I'm not Becka, and I'll never be Becka."

He looks at me with regret, "I didn't even notice."

"I want to break up Jeff," I tell him, "why?" His voice suddenly changes to a more soft tone.

"Because I would rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not. Goodbye Jeff, I hope you'll find who you're looking for at some point." I gave him a small fakeish smile and walked towards his front door.

I felt him grab my wrist, I turned around to look at him, "but you're who I'm looking for," he spoke quietly.

I shook my head, "no I'm not Jeff." And with that, I walked home feeling a weight lifted off of my shoulder. As much as it hurt to let him go, I think it was the best for both of us.

************
I don't think I like this one, I might redo it.