Dads here for dinner

Toby's POV:

I stood in the corner watching Hanna and Aria put the finishing touches on Spencer. I don't see why she and her family have the need to wear makeup. She was already beautiful naturally.
Hanna finally finished the last curl in Spencer's hair. Then her and Aria left the room.
I walked behind Spencer who kept beating her self up on how she had to look perfect.
I stood behind her and then she asked "Do I look ok?" "Spence you look gorgeous as always." "Thank you" she turn her head slightly to kiss me quickly but she stopped me. "What?" "I don't want any lip stick smudges on me or you!" "Ok, ok."
"Now do I look ok?" I asked with a smirk on my face.

Spencer's POV:

I laughed at Toby's remark. "Tobes you don't even need to try to look handsome, you were born with it."
He smiled at me. Gosh I love his smile it makes me melt every time.
"Are you ready to go to dinner Miss Hastings?" He asked motioning for me to hook arms with him. "I surly am Mr. Cavanaugh." We walked down stairs only to see my dad smiling and talking to Melissa. When he looked up at me he showed disappointment written all over his face.

Hanna's POV:

Spencer's dad loves Melissa and treats Spencer like a bug in the floor, you know the ones you step on without even caring.
This dinner is going to be like a roller coaster.
Either you have the time of your life or you end up throwing up on someone's shoes.
Let's just hope there not mine.
What?
I may have stole them but they make my calves look amazing!

Toby's POV:

I sat down at the dining room table which was big enough to fit 20 people at the least. Spencer sat next to me with Hanna on the other side of her.
Spencer just smiled but I could tell it was fake. She was only trying to impress her father.
"So Toby your a carpenter am I right?" He asked that like he already knew the answer.
"Yes, I am a carpenter for Rosewood Carpentry."
"Good your still in school right?"
"Yes sir."
"What's your grade point average?" "Peter." Spencer's mom said trying to keep the dinner calm but that's probably not going to happen any time soon.
"It's a 4.1." Spencer snuck in the conversation.
How did she know that?
"Wow great job, you could beat Spencer out of being valedictorian but that's obviously not going to happen." Spencer looked like she was going to explode. I held her hand to assure her that it was okay. "Your daughter is very smart and she works very hard so she deserves that award."
Which is extremely true by the way.
"Of course she does she's a Hastings and Hastings never fail." Melissa just had to add.
"But Melissa your not a Hastings anymore." Spencer said. I guess referring to Wren. "Spencer!" Spencer's mom yelled.
"Jesus." Hanna said while messing with her string beans.
"Well unlike Toby a carpenter, Wren has a stable job that will pay our bills and help us with our upcoming experience!"
Everyone turned towards her curious in what she'd say next.
"I'm sorry to butt in but Melissa what experience are you referring to?" Aria asked quietly.
Obviously trying to calm the waters which were splashing like a tsunami right now.
"Well I was hoping to share our news in a calming environment but I guess that's not happening."
"Yea a little late for that idea." Hanna said staring at her food like it might jump up and bite her.
"Han" Aria yelled quietly.
"Well I guess what I trying to say is I'm pregnant!" Melissa's face was filled with joy.
"What, your your pregnant?"
Spencer yelled.
"Yes Spencer, can't you imagine a little me or a little Wren running around?" "Sure, if it's even born human."
She said as she threw her napkin down and stormed out of the room.
"Thank you Mr. And Mrs. Hastings the meal was delicious, well what I had of it and Melissa congratulations."
I said as I walked out of the room in search of Spencer.
"So who's ready for dessert?" Hanna said with a smile.
Everyone turned towards her looking at her like she's crazy.