34. Fall of the Dawn

"No'El and I escaped, hoping this was no longer our fight. But it seems it still is."

Sybille blinked, having a bitter feeling inside her. Mina nodded and come closer to the court wizard.

"I cannot express how terrible I feel for asking this, Sybille. It is my fault that I got into this hopless situation and asking for your help after you have done so much is below any right. I assure you that my own desperation made me do this, but if you don't want to lend a hand, I will let you go. After all, you are no longer a part of castle Volkihar so I shouldn't even ask you this."

Sybille looked deep into Mina's eyes which were so sincere that they couldn't belong to this race. Vampires were creatures of the night, corrupted by blood of Daedra. It was their very soul that was wicked and ready to do any kind of atrocity. Mina was not like that, she was a new kind of vampire and therefore, their only hope. Sybille knelt in front of her.

"My Lady, time has come for me to redeem for my sins. I will help you in any way I can, that I can promise."

Mina smiled at Sybille, showing the sign of great relief and a small spark of new hope.

"Your Khajiit protector, he is a werewolf now, isn't he?"

Sybille nodded, remembering No'El. The feeling of guilt made her remember that moment when he was dying. Sybille would have done anything to save him, but she knew her act was out of pur selfishness. She knew how No'El didn't want to filth his blood with Daedra and in the end, she has done that for him and cursed him. Her only hope was he will forgive her one day.

"Then he makes a powerful weapon. I feel great purpose that lays in him, for he is the one who can takeover the Dawnguard."

Sybille was shocked to hear Mina's words, not clearly seeing how is it possible for him to become the leader of Dawnguard.

"He is not a vampire, but he is a well-known warrior. He can gain the trust of Dawnguard and lead them rightfully and not as people like Isran or Blaise."

Mina continued, clearly seeing Sybille's confused face, but more then ever, Mina was sure about her plan.

"You want him to kill Isran and take the lead of Dawnguard? But what about Blaise and the Dawnguard that is here in Solitude?"

"For that part I need you. I need you to tell them the location of castle Volkihar."

Sybille stepped back in pure shock. Mina must be mad just like her father for asking such thing. She will doom all vampires.

"I know this sounds mad to you, but trust me, I know what I am doing. The less you know the better for you. You will have to be very convincing and make them believe you."

Again, Sybille felt she can trust Mina. There was again this steady ground of hope, like a whisper telling her to obey. Everything will be fine. Eventually, Sybille nodded.

"I will do my best."

"Wonderful."

"But...Mina?"

"Yes?"

"What are you preparing to do?"

Sybille asked, being almost afraid to hear the truth. Mina knew that so her answer was simple, yet cold.

"I will do what I do best: stab in the back."

◇◇◇

Alesan was walking around his quarters feeling amazing adrenaline and the strength of his certainty he will win this fight and wipe the Dawnguard from the face of Nirn. There was no fail for him, only victory.