17. Hurricane of Secrets

Sun was burning her pale cheeks as the red-haired woman walked through Solitude. She sat on the bench, close to the Hall of Dead and pulled out of her pocket a piece of paper. There was written a letter, with a neat and archaic handwriting. This was a report from Lopt.

Dear lady Mina,

I am informing you about the current situation in castle Volkihar. Everything seems calm, there were no complaints nor slandering. Clay and I have everything under control. If something will went wrong, we will immediatley infrom you. However, I must inform you about missing of two vampires you sent in Solitude, Asturae Blood-Fang and Hvedrung Shadowfire. They still haven't returned. I am starting to fear the worst might have happend.

Sincere greetings, Lopt Shadowfire

Mina crumpled the yellow paper covered with black ink. She ripped it in tiny pieces and threw it on the ground. The amount of furiosity burned her ribcage like fireball.
Damn you, Dawnguard!

She felf sorrow. And pity for Lopt. Hvedrung was his brother. And Lopt is the last person who deserved this. Mina felt a horrible weight on her dead heart. She was to blame for this doom. It was her fault. She managed to betray and hurt the only person she trusted. Lopt who took care of her since she was born. He was like a father to her sometimes. She barely remembers her father now. He is not gone for too long. But it seems like that. The weight of ruling fell on her, caught her in its webs of politics, unprepared.

Red-haired woman realised she desperatly wants to cry. But she can't. She never did. Not even on the death of her mother. And father's death too. She never let a single tear fall down her cheek. That wasn't common in her bloodline.

"You seem disturbed."

Mina immediatley looked with her red eyes at the person who was the owner of that silky voice. And she saw a High Elf in front of her and called his name.

~~~

Vampire was running through the woods. Chilly wind pinched his pointy nose and tangled his long, coal locks. He reached his hand toward silver star in front of him. The woman turned her beautiful, pale, almost white face to him. He immediatley fell in love with her beauty. Like the moon. Yet stronger. As the Sun. Perhaps she was just a distant star which could not be reached by anyone. They could just stare at her and admire her magnificence.

Yet she was right there. In front of him. She was holding his hand, tightly. It almost hurt. But the man couldn't push away the thought of fear. Of fear that all of this is just a dream and that he can lose this in a blink of an eye.

Silver-haired vampire seemed to notice that. She stopped running and reached for his soft, pale face. She cupped it with her sleneder, long fingers. Claws.

"What's wrong, my Darkash?"

"Nothing, my Silver."

He lied. She slightly frowned and pulled him so he was now looking at her.

"Don't lie to me, vampire."

Black-haired vampire admitted his defeat. He reached with his long fingerd for her hands and slowly removed them of his face. He kissed those gentle fingers. They had a taste of honey.

"I don't want to lose you, Sylvianne."

"You won't. Stop saying that."